Originally Posted by tryon10
My wife and I are selling our Pleasure-Way XLTS motor coach and looking to get into a light weight travel trailer. I am looking seriously at a 200MBLE with the convertible sofa. We have a 2018 4x4 Chevy Colorado tow vehicle (7.000 lb. max.) I can use some experienced opinions with regard to a couple questions …..
1. Will the Chevy with a WD hitch system comfortably tow the 200MBLE?
2. I've read several reviews complaining of access to the bathroom when the slide is retracted. Also, blowing the fuse when trying to extend the slide out on battery. Is this a real concern?
3. We found the single Dometic A/C unit on our PW to be extremely loud and under sized. I noticed Forest River offers a couple different A/C options for the 200MBLE. We live in the southeast US …. any recommendations for the A/C choice?
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
I have the 200MBLE and we do like it but have somewhat evolved into how we use it.
1) Ford F150 with GVWR 7100 .... No problem other than steep long hills. Investigated pretty thoroughly and convinced room to spare.
2) It is hard to impossible to access RR with slide retracted, but we do not see this as a problem. On the rare occasions when traveling and we must acces RR or fridge, we slide it out 4-6" and not a problem... TO US. Fuse blew 1-2 times but it was due to us overtraveling the slide. Weve never had the desire to sleep in the unit with slide In. Access just for emergency RR breaks or drink from fridge.
3) 13.5 AC does fantastic job cooling ours.... Really Cool. Not super quiet but have been fine sleeping thru cycles most nights.
OTHER FYI..... This our first TT.... 2 of us with dog other than rare Grand kid..... We have had for 3 years and our quirks....
1) Dinette we found to be too small and uncomfortable to use after 2-3 trips. Wife made cushions, pillows,... and we leave it down as a day bed/couch/TV watch spot. Make it up as bed for occasional guest.
2) We also leave MB down most of the time. Between stops, and when settlled in at CG. Not a big hassle to put it up and down every day but we just found it not necessary. If guests or Movie nite.... Up it goes and there's the couch when needed.
Just how the unit works best for us. Been very pleased with it. ZERO major issues... Run off 1 12 V batter since purchased but not stingey about using 2000 W Geny for recharge.