Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2019, 10:31 AM   #1

Moving to a TT

My wife and I are selling our Pleasure-Way XLTS motor coach and looking to get into a light weight travel trailer. I am looking seriously at a 200MBLE with the convertible sofa. We have a 2018 4x4 Chevy Colorado tow vehicle (7.000 lb. max.) I can use some experienced opinions with regard to a couple questions …..

1. Will the Chevy with a WD hitch system comfortably tow the 200MBLE?
2. I've read several reviews complaining of access to the bathroom when the slide is retracted. Also, blowing the fuse when trying to extend the slide out on battery. Is this a real concern?
3. We found the single Dometic A/C unit on our PW to be extremely loud and under sized. I noticed Forest River offers a couple different A/C options for the 200MBLE. We live in the southeast US …. any recommendations for the A/C choice?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
tryon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. We recently moved from a Sunseeker motor home to a TT. We looked at the 200MBLE and the 201RBLE. The 200MBLE was tight with the slide in, the space added for the kitchen sink made it really close. My biggest issue was the Murphy bed. The bed tips in to the front storage area taking up a lot of space. Plus the area the mattress takes was not boxed in so anything in the storage could get on the mattress...

As for A/C here in Georgia too much is not enough it seems like... Definitely get the upgrade to 15KBTU if possible.

We then looked at the R-Pod line up and ended up with a RP-180 which is sized nicely for the two of us and our MinPin.

As far as towing with your Colorado do you have the factory tow package? Also the dry tongue weight of a 200MBLE is listed as 480 pounds. That will be closer to 600+ pounds loaded. Check your Colorado's door stickers for your Cargo Capacity weight, GVWR, and GCWR to make sure you're safely within those limits.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:04 AM   #3

Visit a dealer and ask to look at the 200MBLe but only with the slides closed to determine if it is usable in that confirmation (not being able to get at basics, bed, frig, bathroom would be a deal breaker for me). The fuse will blow if the batteries are not at full charge, because as you lower the voltage (battery not fully charged) you must up the amperage to do the same work thus the fuse blows. Most rigs recommend to be plugged in when moving slides. the small difference in price for the 15K unit over the 13K is worth it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #4

I have a 243RBS and fully agree with upgrading the AC. It is still very loud though. While our floorplan is slightly different, our bathroom is also VERY tight when the slide is in but can be done if necessary.
UGACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryon10 View Post
My wife and I are selling our Pleasure-Way XLTS motor coach and looking to get into a light weight travel trailer. I am looking seriously at a 200MBLE with the convertible sofa. We have a 2018 4x4 Chevy Colorado tow vehicle (7.000 lb. max.) I can use some experienced opinions with regard to a couple questions …..

1. Will the Chevy with a WD hitch system comfortably tow the 200MBLE?
2. I've read several reviews complaining of access to the bathroom when the slide is retracted. Also, blowing the fuse when trying to extend the slide out on battery. Is this a real concern?
3. We found the single Dometic A/C unit on our PW to be extremely loud and under sized. I noticed Forest River offers a couple different A/C options for the 200MBLE. We live in the southeast US …. any recommendations for the A/C choice?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
I have the 200MBLE and we do like it but have somewhat evolved into how we use it.

1) Ford F150 with GVWR 7100 .... No problem other than steep long hills. Investigated pretty thoroughly and convinced room to spare.

2) It is hard to impossible to access RR with slide retracted, but we do not see this as a problem. On the rare occasions when traveling and we must acces RR or fridge, we slide it out 4-6" and not a problem... TO US. Fuse blew 1-2 times but it was due to us overtraveling the slide. Weve never had the desire to sleep in the unit with slide In. Access just for emergency RR breaks or drink from fridge.

3) 13.5 AC does fantastic job cooling ours.... Really Cool. Not super quiet but have been fine sleeping thru cycles most nights.

OTHER FYI..... This our first TT.... 2 of us with dog other than rare Grand kid..... We have had for 3 years and our quirks....

1) Dinette we found to be too small and uncomfortable to use after 2-3 trips. Wife made cushions, pillows,... and we leave it down as a day bed/couch/TV watch spot. Make it up as bed for occasional guest.

2) We also leave MB down most of the time. Between stops, and when settlled in at CG. Not a big hassle to put it up and down every day but we just found it not necessary. If guests or Movie nite.... Up it goes and there's the couch when needed.

Just how the unit works best for us. Been very pleased with it. ZERO major issues... Run off 1 12 V batter since purchased but not stingey about using 2000 W Geny for recharge.
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:54 PM   #6

This is close to same vehicle.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ng-183559.html
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote