Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 11:44 PM   #1

New Surveyor 2015 sport 285 owner

We recently sold our Minnie Winnie and bought a 2015 Surveyor Sport. It is difficult to find and information on the 2015 and what I usually find is the 2014 model.

Is there an online owners manual for the 2015 somewhere?

We want to install a rear looking camera. A built-in digital wireless seems to be the best choice. Has any done this, what did you install? Does It work the way you wanted? What would you do differently? Some systems include multiple cameras. Once parked can the monitor be moved to the rv and the cameras used as security cameras?

Lastly, there is a tv mount left of the outdoor kitchen. At least we think that is what the oblong rubber thing is. We cannot find any reciprocal attachment the installs on a tv that utilizes the mount. And info?
mphill9929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:33 AM   #2
Site Team

Since FR only provides a generic owners manual, like 90% of the other manufacturers, the 2015 manual will be virtually the same as the 2014 manual.
Neither of them will have model-specific or brand-specific information.
Just basic RV systems information.

Pics of the tv mount will help identify what you need.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:10 PM   #3

Thanks bikedan. The tv thing us more of a curiosity. I am mostly interested in the rearview camera. I appreciate the reply but after watching the replies to a simple question from a new owner asking for advice on how to secure a trailer for high winds, and no one offering help with my camera question I think I will just find another forum.

This was my first hurricane in almost 40 years that I experienced as a civilian. The same goes for the woman who asked for help securing OUR rv. I don't have the temperament to argue politely with people who are so opinionated and have little or no real experience with emergency response.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #4

We have the "Lippert Furrion Observation System,easy to install and WORKS! Just make sure it is the #48 Model also make sure you buy the Kit with the RV rear mounting Bracket! Youroo!!
Old 08-28-2017, 12:11 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphill9929 View Post
Thanks bikedan. The tv thing us more of a curiosity. I am mostly interested in the rearview camera. I appreciate the reply but after watching the replies to a simple question from a new owner asking for advice on how to secure a trailer for high winds, and no one offering help with my camera question I think I will just find another forum.

This was my first hurricane in almost 40 years that I experienced as a civilian. The same goes for the woman who asked for help securing OUR rv. I don't have the temperament to argue politely with people who are so opinionated and have little or no real experience with emergency response.
Please don't judge the Forum, based on a couple of threads.
I've been a member of 7 different RV forums for over 12 years and ALL have some bad apples and some unsensitive posts.

Give the Forum a chance before you give up on it, since you've only been here a few days.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #6

Quote:
We recently sold our Minnie Winnie and bought a 2015 Surveyor Sport. It is difficult to find and information on the 2015 and what I usually find is the 2014 model.

Is there an online owners manual for the 2015 somewhere?
YES! At your convenience, please download the Forest River App on your phone and scroll to "2015 Travel Trailers". Or, please click HERE. This is the owner manual supplying information to all owners of Forest River travel trailers.

Quote:
...We want to install a rear looking camera. A built-in digital wireless seems to be the best choice. Has any done this, what did you install? Does It work the way you wanted? What would you do differently? Some systems include multiple cameras. Once parked can the monitor be moved to the rv and the cameras used as security cameras?...
Most people with Surveyors install the Furrion system as the latest Surveyors are prewired for them. I personally have not done this nor do I know how well it works. From the research I've done on this fine, friendly enthusiast forum is that the running or reverse lights have to be turned on in order to initiate camera functions. Once installed and working, it might be possible to to add switch inside the trailer off of a 12v lead to initiate camera function while the trailer is hooked up to shore power.

Quote:
...Lastly, there is a tv mount left of the outdoor kitchen. At least we think that is what the oblong rubber thing is. We cannot find any reciprocal attachment the installs on a tv that utilizes the mount. And info?
That rubber puck with a top and bottom groove is, in fact, an outdoor TV mount. You might look to see on the back of your interior TV if it's mounted to the same style puck. If not, I think this is a dealer only item as I have read on this very informational forum that they do not sell at regular TV retailers.

Quote:
... and no one offering help with my camera question I think I will just find another forum....
Honestly, an initial question in a thread does not dictate that a bunch of responses will be given within 72 hours of posting...or at all.

The lack of response happens for 2 reasons...please let me explain.
1. This thread was created on a Friday in August. For those, like me, that work a regular M-F job, Friday nights in the summer time are spent on the road getting to our camping destination. After setting up the trailer, I spend my weekend fishing, playing catch with my kids and hanging out with my also overworked wife. I don't always have time to instantaneously respond to trailer related questions on the internet...half the time I don't even have internet service.
2. Specific questions need specific answers. I did the best I could above; however, there is a vast lack of knowledge on some subjects and people do not want to share what they don't know. Would a vague "Just Google it" answer be worthy of posting as an answer to the original questions or could it frustrate the original poster? People can't chime in on what they don't know about.

Mphill9929 I do want to apologize for my untimely response to your questions. I hope that my answers were enough information to help you in your quest for knowledge regarding your trailer. Although there are some very snarky people and responses on this forum, they are few and far between. Generally, the folks here share common interests of their RV's, camping, exploring new territories and spending time with their families.
Please stick around so that we can continue to assist you.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #7

Thank you Clarkbre. The link is exactly what I was looking for. I had tried numerous searches but was unsuccessful. The rv we have has no obvious camera port. I will search a bit more before I commit to a purchase and installation. The camera is my priority, the tv thing is more a curiosity.

We bought a high lumen projector that works with my laptop. With a queen size bed sheet held in place with magnets we can have big screen outdoor movies. Our grand kids love it.

I was not bothered by the time it took to get a response, it was the mass of unrelated comments posted on my wife's question.

I have been involved in search and rescue, water operations; taught top water rescue and even underwater crime scene investigation for almost 40 years. It was not the length of time for a response that bothered me it was the quantity of "informed" opinions concerning flood victims, hurricane procedures and sanctimonious opinion of those who needed shelter or rescue. In my experience those are the folks who talk but never do anything to help and complain because their issues were put behind someone with a life threatening priority.

I'm appreciative of your response and it will help in my education of the "new to us" rv. I do try to find answers before I resort to asking. So "just Google it" is not an answer.

We will stay on the forum and I will try to be a polite member. I can't promise that I can do that all the time. I deleted my response on the other post, rewrote it and deleted it again. Better I keep those comments to myself....

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction and the manual link.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:23 AM   #8

mphill9929,did you receive my PM that I sent on 8/27/2017,15 minutes after you ask? I posted Info about the camera also! Youroo!!
Old 08-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #9

I honestly do not know. I've been dealing with with hurricane issues an catastrophic flooding in our area. WE are safe but I've been working to help distribute news, response information etc. Send it again pleaase.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
mphill9929,did you receive my PM that I sent on 8/27/2017,15 minutes after you ask? I posted Info about the camera also! Youroo!!
Youroo, as far as I know I did not get anything from you about the cameras. Because of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma we still have not made a maiden voyage in the TT. I've spent time doing some upgrades, replaced all light bulbs with leds, bought a margarita machine.. basic essentials...

I do want a backup camera so would welcome your info.

Tags
sport, surveyor