Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #1

We just purchased a 2018 mble surveyor and we are trying to connect the built in jensen dvd player to tv. How can this be so difficult? There doesn't seem to be a way to connect a cable to the player which is built in, the dealer is over an hr away to go back, but when we called they are saying to pull the unit out and drill a hole in the panel to pull wire thru. Not really sure that has to be done. Any suggestions appreciated.
Clhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:50 PM   #2
Site Team

Are you sure the DVD is not already connected to the tv? Most are. It is just necessary to select the proper input to the tv and output from the DVD player.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #3

That's what we thought when we put a dvd in the player you can hear the audio but there is no picture.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:03 PM   #4

If it’s a Furrion TV it will prolly need to be on the AV input. Sound bar(assuming) on DVD.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #5

It's an walmart brand element tv just purchased, thank you.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #6

Hi Clhicks,

You don't mention if the dvd player was working with the previous tv. Are you using the composite red,yellow and white cables or an HDMI cable? Are all of the cables from the previous tv there?

Use HDMI if available.

Try going into your tv menu and picking different inputs. HDMI will sometimes have several options depending on how many HDMI inputs there are. Composite you will need to be on A/V.

Good luck,
Don
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #7
Site Team

Did you replace the tv that came in the unit? Try selecting the various input options in the tv menu while the DVD is playing. Audio is usually played thru the DVD player and associated speakers not the tv speakers. Make sure the antenna amplifier is off ( small button on antenna wall plate)

TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Old 10-19-2017, 06:43 PM   #8

This is a brand new dvd player that is built in to the cabinet and the tv is brand new, there was a bad that contained the red yellow and white cables but this new tv already has those cables built into the back. We even bought a hdmi cable which I connected to the tv but has no visible connection on the dvd player. I'm sure the problem lies with us, we are seniors, our time before all this tech stuff was cool..lol....thank you.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #9
Site Team

The red yellow and white are for composite signal. If the new tv has red yellow and white cables, they need to connect to the composite output from the DVD. These may be available on an outlet type cover on the wall behind the tv, just connect the matching colors. The DVD should be connected to the back of the wall plate. Once you have the tv connected via those three cables, you need to use the menu on the tv remote to choose input and select composite. It can take a minute or so for the pic to show up. If the tv and the DVD both have HDMI input/output, you can use the HDMI cable, but you will have to get to the back of the DVD player to connect it.

TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Old 10-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #10

We will definitely check that out thank you so much.

Tags