Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2016, 11:52 AM   #1

Noob questions for 2012 Forest River Surveyor Select SV-303 questions

Afternoon all, wife and i recently purchased a 2012 Forest River Surveyor Select SV-303 as our first rv and absolutely love it but we had a few questions and hope that someone could help us.

1st -we found a water filter wrench in the camper but cannot find the water filter itself, where would this be located at?

2nd - The little light bulbs get hot when left on for an extended amount of time on the inside of the camper. We were going to replace them with led's but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to get the bulbs out and have no idea what model they are, can anyone give some insight on this?

Forgot to ask this also. We have the concertone zx75 but we never got the remote for it. I am unsure if the antenna for the tv runs through the concertone because when i plug the co-ax cable into what i think is the antenna plug on the wall with the little green power button i cannot find any local channels when i scan with the tv.

Thank you in advance for the input it is greatly appreciated.
bobothewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #2
RichL

I have a 2006 Surveyor and the water filter was behind a panel next to the sink. Generally the filter should be near where the city water connection is. You may have a panel with screws in each corner that can be removed. Take of the panel and you may see the filter.

As for lamps, they do get warm, but that's normal with standard bulbs. The bulbs are 12 VDC and probably are similar to a 921 bulb.

If you have a roof antenna, there should be a crank which rotates the antenna. The cable from that goes to a preamp which should be located not far from the antenna. Not sure if your unit has the same preamp but earlier units had a pushbutton on/off switch with coax connector. The size of this unit was about the same as a wall outlet. Mine was mounted inside a cabinet so it was a little of a pain to get to. Normally the audio system is separate from the tv.

Hope this helps. Welcome to FRF.
Rich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:13 AM   #3

understood, will check it out when i head up this weekend. I do not remember seeing a lever to turn the antenna, its one of those encased antennas. Thank you for the reply,
bobothewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:17 PM   #4
RichL

If you do not have an antenna what is commonly referred to as batwings, then you won't have the lever to raise and lower the antenna. Your antenna may be an auto search type.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #5

My 2012 SV-264 has the "flying saucer" antenna and has no handle to raise or lower it. Having the water filter under the cabinet is unhandy for winterizing. I removed mine and have a bracket on the side of the trailer that it hangs on. It lifts out when we're packing to go and is very easy to hook up when we arrive.

Enjoy!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #6
RichL

Did the same with my filter. Was a total pain when you have to remove a panel (which wasn't at first obvious) and then trying to remove the filter for winterizing.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #7
Camp Bartender

I switched to LED bulbs from the standard bulbs and hated them. The light was weird to me, I went back to the standard bulbs.

2015-2018: 20 Trips, 61 Nights Camped
2018: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped
2019: 2 Trips, 10 nights so far......
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmith2859 View Post
I switched to LED bulbs from the standard bulbs and hated them. The light was weird to me, I went back to the standard bulbs.
The cheaper LEDs are in the daylight (6000deg) range that appear a bit bluish, harsh. Look for warm light bulbs. I've gone through all of this myself. To avoid the typical 20,000-40,000 markup of the local retail stores, I bought EBay from overseas for less than 1$ per bulb including shipping. Just make sure you buy warm light. To avoid the buy America crowd comments, buy America only goes so far. I bought 20 off EBay for $12 what was selling at Advance Auto for $28+ for 1, and camping stores & boating stores are even worse. I understand making a profit but this is just pure gouging.
safetychain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:03 PM   #9

Nobody's mentioned it, and if your not fimiliar with taking the filter housing off...make sure you open a few faucets to relieve the pressure in the water lines. Will make taking the filter housing off much easier.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, forest river, select, surveyor