Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Notice of LP Gas line defect for certain 2012 and 2013 Surveyor Sport TTs

Just received this email from the NHTSA. I had asked to be notified from NHTSA's Office of Defects Investigation if there is a safety recall regarding Forest River products.

Summary:
FOREST RIVER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 AND 2013 SURVEYOR TRAVEL TRAILERS, MANUFACTURED FROM AUGUST 12, 2011, THROUGH APRIL 6, 2012. ON CERTAIN FLOOR PLANS, THE LIQUID PROPANE (LP) GAS LINE WAS ROUTED AND FASTENED ALONG THE BOTTOM OF THE FRAME RAIL. WHEN THE TRAILER HITS A BUMP, THE POSITIONING OF THE LP GAS LINE MAY ALLOW THE "U" BOLT ON THE AXLE TO PINCH THE LINE BETWEEN THE MAIN RAIL AND THE "U" BOLT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.GIF
Views:	171
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	14702  

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #2

Thanks for posting. My trailer was manufacturered a couple months prior to this, so I think I'm OK.
SCOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #3

So that is for leaf spring suspensions not Torfex?
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisty View Post
So that is for leaf spring suspensions not Torfex?
I don't know. If I had a Surveyor, though, I'd probably call the FR number they listed and give them my VIN.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #5

This applies ONLY to "SPORT" Models and yes ONLY with the Leaf Spring Axles. (Which only the Sports have). The serial#'s affected will be between 20138 - 21443, (these will also be the last 5 digits of your VIN). Again - ONLY Sport Models between these serial#'s. So, your model# will have an "SP" in front of it.
If you own one of these models/serial#'s listed above, and your unit is (correctly) registered in our system, you will be receiving a "RECALL NOTICE" in the next 7-10 days. If you have NOT received this letter by the end of the June, please contact Surveyor by email and put "SPORT RECALL" in your subject line. Please include your full 17 digit VIN as well as full contact information, including, first & Last name, Full mailing address and phone number. Surveyor will get your information updated in the system and get a "Recall Notice" in the mail to you!
KayDee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nhtsa