Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #41

He has a water catch basin under the slide out .... that's what I meant. Not all of the units have it obviously. it was a test run I was told.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Goomph I also have a 2702SS, when you said that threegr8katz has a prototype, do you mean his TT specifically or ALL 2702s put out by FR? I live in Miami and we get the occasional monsoon (ha!) and with the TT outside 24/7 I have yet to discover a water leak.
frankm,

Below is a picture of the collection basin that I also have on my 2901SS. There is one at each end (front and back) of the bottom slide seal. To date I have never had any leaks nor have I seen water running into these collection basins. I guess the factory looks at this as extra insurance against water intrusion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011 Rockwood leak catcher.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	4305  
hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffkm View Post
frankm,

Below is a picture of the collection basin that I also have on my 2901SS. There is one at each end (front and back) of the bottom slide seal. To date I have never had any leaks nor have I seen water running into these collection basins. I guess the factory looks at this as extra insurance against water intrusion.
Thanks hoffkm, a picture is worth a thousand words! And nope, my 2702SS didn't come with these basins.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #44

Angry

The Catch-Can system still does not prevent the wood framing from rotting over time due to moisture exposure!
seadoomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #45

It is only supposed to catch the water which comes in when you pull the slide in, in wet weather. The little bit of water which makes it through the seals ...

It is NOT meant for getting rid of the water which leaks through the slide like mine and some others did.

The targeted water is completely on the outside walls of the slide and does not touch any wood or internal components.

If the water is entering the interior of slide, that is a serious problem for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadoomx View Post
The Catch-Can system still does not prevent the wood framing from rotting over time due to moisture exposure!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #46

OK...I understand a little better now!

Tags
surveyor