Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2018, 10:58 AM   #1

Questions on the 200MBLE Please and thanks!

Hey folks,

We are zeroing in on a small couples campers and the short list consisted of two Rockwood Mini Lites until I stumbled on the 200MBLE which also checks off a lot of our boxes (and then some).

What is confusing is looking at pictures of the 2018, I am seeing some dinettes with overhead storage, some without. Some with overhead storage over the murphy bed and others without. Also noticing some have those black entry steps while others seems to have the nice aluminium looking ones.

Can someone please confirm which is the current layout?

And a few general questions if I may..

Is the floor plywood or luan? I know Rockwood switched over to plywood which I prefer. Anyone encounter soft spots?

I assume with the L shape counter, you would be completely shut out of the fridge and bathroom with the slide closed, correct? Does anyone nudge the slide out?

I don't see outside access to storage under the dinette. Are there doors on the inside or do you have to lift everything up? I have seen some that do not have knobs so just curious.

Does it come with an outdoor grill?

Overall impressions?

Any intel great appreciated!

-Frank
JaysFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #2

In case anyone else has similar questions about this model, here is what the factory rep told me:
  • Luan floor
  • No doors to access dinette storage (but I saw pics of them being added as a mod. Doors were ordered from FR so they matched perfectly).
  • Ladder can be ordered from the factory even though it says NA on the website
  • Maxxair fan only a dealer option
  • 32" TV is a stand alone option. (An owner told me they fit 40" there no problem)
  • With slide in, you can climb over dinette and access fridge/bath
  • No usb ports at the couch/bed only AC outlets
  • Grill hookup but no grill as an option
  • Cannot order with heated tanks
  • Wifi ranger not available or even being looked at as an option.
  • Late summer changes for the 2019 will be announced but likely only graphics and interior colours.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysFan64 View Post
In case anyone else has similar questions about this model, here is what the factory rep told me:
  • Luan floor
  • No doors to access dinette storage (but I saw pics of them being added as a mod. Doors were ordered from FR so they matched perfectly).
  • Ladder can be ordered from the factory even though it says NA on the website
  • Maxxair fan only a dealer option
  • 32" TV is a stand alone option. (An owner told me they fit 40" there no problem)
  • With slide in, you can climb over dinette and access fridge/bath
  • No usb ports at the couch/bed only AC outlets
  • Grill hookup but no grill as an option
  • Cannot order with heated tanks
  • Wifi ranger not available or even being looked at as an option.
  • Late summer changes for the 2019 will be announced but likely only graphics and interior colours.

From owning one, that is all correct except climbing over the L shaped kitchen isn’t as easy as the rep made it out to be. Plan on having to slightly extend the bump out to access the bathroom on the road. Of course that will lead to the breaker popping due to the slide out issue but don’t get me started. Trust me, buy more fuses before you drive off the lot.
Jbrowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrowland View Post
From owning one, that is all correct except climbing over the L shaped kitchen isn’t as easy as the rep made it out to be. Plan on having to slightly extend the bump out to access the bathroom on the road. Of course that will lead to the breaker popping due to the slide out issue but don’t get me started. Trust me, buy more fuses before you drive off the lot.
Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear about all the issues you have been having. Seems to be commonplace in the industry unfortunately.

Regarding access with the slide in, I goofed there. It was actually an owner that mentioned you can get to the rear with the slide in not FR.

And one further clarification if anyone is looking at this model, heated tanks are an option. The first rep was adamant they were not available but I found a number for sale with that feature. So I checked again with FR and it's a go.