Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #1

Sagging Water tank

Does anyone have their Fresh water tank sagging?
I started to look closer as I use this new Fifth wheel at all or any possible problems. This one may not be a problem but the wood holding the tank in place dipped down below the metal frame and was showing. The RTV was separated from the wood and metal frame.
I unscrewed the liner and sure enough the tank is pressing against the liner. I don't see any cross braces keeping the tank middle from bowing down.
I did get some angle Iron and use some short screws to hold the wood at the level it originally was. The center is still bowing down even with the tank completely empty.
Any Ideas.
szabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

The water tank on our Surveyor 263 is situated right above the axles. When the fresh water tank is full, the cover on the bottom of the camper will lay on the axles (torsion axles, so they don't move). I can still squeeze my fingers between the cover and the axles, so I haven't worried about it too much. So far, so good. My tires wear good, so there appears to be no axle bending from the tank weight.

But, your situation seems a bit different than mine. Any extra support should be a good idea.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:42 AM   #3

szabla, what year is your 5er?
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:34 AM   #4

It is a 2015, 274 bhs
Did forest river purchase some cheep tanks that are a little too thin for the use on the road? Is there a recall on this type of problem?
Old 10-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #5

I ended up buying 2 tie down straps and a piece of plywood. I hung it from frame to frame, it held well for over 1500 miles with a full tank of water.