Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2021, 10:51 PM   #1

Should I consider Surveyor Legend 241RBLE?

I’m looking into a Surveyor Legend series 241RBLE 2020 model. I like the floor plan, dry weight, length, and tall ceilings. For any of you Surveyor owners out there, have you had any negative experience with build quality or warranty service? Anything to watch out for?

The model I’m looking at doesn’t have the wide stance axles and I’m interested if anyone has any experience with these skills standard spacing axles. Is the towability and stability really any different?

Thanks
TN Bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:49 AM   #2

We just took delivery of a 19rble, we chose it because it had the most features we were looking for. This is the 3 new unit for us in 6 years, its build quality is as good as any of the others in it's class.

Service is totally dependent on "your" dealer, shop local, find a smaller locally owned dealer that relies on repeat business, one you can form a relationship with. I stay clear of the large "Wall Street Owned" dealers.

Towabillity starts with your tow vehicle, and quality WD hitch with sway control or going with a 5th wheel TT. This is an issue covered over and over on every RV forum. For example we have a better towing experience towing the 19rble behind a 2020 Explorer than towing the Vengeance toy hauler behind a F-250.

Good Luck and have fun.
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:51 PM   #3

Nice floor plan.

We always consider 2 things on the top of our list when buying a trailer.

1. Can you access the bathroom and refrigerator when making a pit stop without opening the slide.

2. Seating comfort for watching TV. A dinette is not the answer. We learned the hard way Ughh.

As to reliability and warranty. Send me an email if you want to.

Good Luck!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:45 PM   #4

We just purchased a 202RBLE and have been very pleased with the RV itself. We have had a few minor "misses" in the QC department, but I attribute them to the dealer, which we've been less than impressed with.

I can't speak to the longevity and endurance questions, but we really like the unit and have been pleased so far. It's just the right size for two people and very functional. Small enough to get into smaller spots in the parks but plenty of room when it gets cold and wet. Totally agree with the comments about accessing the bathroom and the dinette. Ours has the theater seats makes a big difference when you're forced inside on cold, rainy days.

Surveyor wasn't even on my radar while we were shopping. I had done a ton of research and was really looking at more popular units like GeoPro and R-Pod that are a bit smaller, primarily because we're first timers and I really wasn't sure what we'd be getting into with the RV lifestyle. My wife was sold on the Surveyor at first viewing and looking back on it I do think we made the right decision because it fits our needs very well.

I'd say be sure you check out the dealer. I have not been pleased with mine and while I don't think we got "taken", I do feel they simply shipped the unit without proper checkout. They supposedly have a two week service backlog and wouldn't even look at it before then, which frankly is unacceptable for the QC misses on a brand new unit purchased by a customer. It turned out I was able to resolve them myself in literally 15 minutes, which was fortunate but didn't lend much credibility to them either. Depending on what you expect, I'd be sure to check them out ahead of time.

We've really enjoyed the lifestyle so far and have met great folks. And this forum has been a great resource as well. Hope this helps and best of luck!
muttinthehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.ArmyVeteran View Post
Nice floor plan.

We always consider 2 things on the top of our list when buying a trailer.

1. Can you access the bathroom and refrigerator when making a pit stop without opening the slide.

2. Seating comfort for watching TV. A dinette is not the answer. We learned the hard way Ughh.

As to reliability and warranty. Send me an email if you want to.

Good Luck!
First, thank you for your service sir. Second, live in Aiken... I spent a fair amount of time there working with the Pink Panther. Third, would love to get your comments but I can’t locate your email in your profile unless I’m missing something.
TN Bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Bigfoot View Post
First, thank you for your service sir. Second, live in Aiken... I spent a fair amount of time there working with the Pink Panther. Third, would love to get your comments but I can’t locate your email in your profile unless I’m missing something.
The Site Team strongly discourages posting personal email addresses on the Forum. That's why we have the PM system here so members can safely communicate with each other. Just send the member a PM.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:28 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

We have had 2 Surveyors. They were the best trailers we have ever had.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Bigfoot View Post
Your very welcome and I appreciate that. I will accept that on behalf of all that have served in the past and are serving today. Especially those that gave that last full measure of devotion.

I will send you a PM tomorrow. Getting late here.
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor