Old 01-01-2020, 11:53 PM   #1

Shower drain leak

Had water dripping from underneath 2019 Surveyor 241RBLE. I am going to have to take tt in for warranty work it looks like. After seeing dripping from underneath the travel trailer I investigated by removing the vent cover on the front of the shower and found the attached picture. Luckily I found this at the end of a six week period of living in the trailer after coming home with trailer from Thanksgiving and finding our lease house flooded. Now itís 2020 and finally able to move back into house. This has been a great TT since we bought it in April without any other issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9A1CA636-C9F0-4C3E-9F67-1075A9C1260F.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	221275  

rwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:10 AM   #2

Good this you found that. have them support that when they fix it.

For future reference use a subject in the title line. Not your name. More people will look.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
Head Rambler

We had an older Surveyor than yours and had the same issue. I replaced the P-trap with a flexible rubber unit and added blocking between the floor and shower pan in several places and never had another issue.

As Cavie said, I'd request that they add blocking between the floor and shower pan while they're repairing the trap. If they say they can't handle it under warranty, then it's easy to do yourself if you're moderately handy.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhit View Post
Had water dripping from underneath 2019 Surveyor 241RBLE. I am going to have to take tt in for warranty work it looks like. After seeing dripping from underneath the travel trailer I investigated by removing the vent cover on the front of the shower and found the attached picture. Luckily I found this at the end of a six week period of living in the trailer after coming home with trailer from Thanksgiving and finding our lease house flooded. Now itís 2020 and finally able to move back into house. This has been a great TT since we bought it in April without any other issues.

WOW!

I cant tell from picture. Did the P-trap fall off? Was broken or what?
Just curious.

Good Luck!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:45 PM   #5

Hello a fellow army vet here. The nut actually cracked and caused it to come apart due to the drain pipe not being supported . I just went to plumbing house and got new assembly along with an adjustable commercial pipe stand with a strap for the pipe. I installed all the parts and secured the pipe so this won’t happen again. It also only took 2 hours of work compared to weeks to get warranty work done.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #6
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Hello a fellow army vet here. The nut actually cracked and caused it to come apart due to the drain pipe not being supported . I just went to plumbing house and got new assembly along with an adjustable commercial pipe stand with a strap for the pipe. I installed all the parts and secured the pipe so this wonít happen again. It also only took 2 hours of work compared to weeks to get warranty work done.
Welcome to the "fix your rv yourself" world! Not everything is going to be that easy, but It's great knowing you can get work done faster and cheaper (usually) than taking it to a dealer. Plus the satisfaction of being able to go camping, when otherwise your rig would be deadlined at the dealer!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #7

You forgot to mention the quality of the work being drastically improved.��
Old 01-09-2020, 05:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Hello a fellow army vet here. The nut actually cracked and caused it to come apart due to the drain pipe not being supported . I just went to plumbing house and got new assembly along with an adjustable commercial pipe stand with a strap for the pipe. I installed all the parts and secured the pipe so this wonít happen again. It also only took 2 hours of work compared to weeks to get warranty work done.
I found mine loose, tightened it and added two more support blocks so it won't flex under me when showering.
All good now.
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:13 AM   #9
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Welcome to the "fix your rv yourself" world! Not everything is going to be that easy, but It's great knowing you can get work done faster and cheaper (usually) than taking it to a dealer. Plus the satisfaction of being able to go camping, when otherwise your rig would be deadlined at the dealer!
Quote:
You forgot to mention the quality of the work being drastically improved.��
My bad.... I figured that was a given!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote