Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2020, 07:39 AM   #1

Spider cracks in new 2020 Surveyor

While washing our 2020 Surveyor this morning I noticed a large area of spider cracks on the front nose cone at each bottom corner of the large window. I am assuming this is in the gel coat and not the fiberglass. I tried to take pictures but the sun is beating down on it and it just would not work. I'm in VA and my dealer is in PA. Of course they said they would have to have pictures and then submit them to FR for approval. I'm wondering if this is normal on a brand new unit and is it a sign of something worse going on.
jhudson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhudson13 View Post
While washing our 2020 Surveyor this morning I noticed a large area of spider cracks on the front nose cone at each bottom corner of the large window. I am assuming this is in the gel coat and not the fiberglass. I tried to take pictures but the sun is beating down on it and it just would not work. I'm in VA and my dealer is in PA. Of course they said they would have to have pictures and then submit them to FR for approval. I'm wondering if this is normal on a brand new unit and is it a sign of something worse going on.
Will check mine today. Need to wash it anyway.

2020 267RBS here. Your model?
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:33 PM   #3

No cracks here.

Good Luck!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:54 PM   #4

Similar issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhudson13 View Post
I have spider cracks on the front of my 2020 by the top marker lights on both sides of the front cap. It has been a nightmare dealing with the dealership and Surveyor to get the fiberglass repair approved. We just got the approval, so now I need to schedule the repair.
Rehbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:27 AM   #5

Its a normal thing that Forest River and Surveyor pass of as a "We've never heard of that" or "you must have had a rock chip".

I filed under warranty on my '17 and got denied. My friend who also bought a '17 a month after me had cracking with absolutely no point a rock could have impacted.

Their fiberglass front caps have always been lousy parts with lousier warranty coverage. The '16 models were brown and had multiple cited paint fading issues that FR often times turned a blind eye to.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack, surveyor