Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #1

Storage In SV291 vs SV294

Can those who own either the SV291 or the SV294 give me some info on the storage areas. We have looked at both models but I can't remember which had what storage areas. Is there storage under the bottom bunk(s), under the benches on the table, etc? Does the 294 have the outside storage in the rear? I know that it has pass through storage in the front. I noticed the 291 has a pantry but not the 294. Any storage pros/cons on either model would be greatly appreciated. I realize that storage is limited in ANY travel trailer, esp. lightweight models. But I would like to get the most storage possible. ANY info on these two models would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Shana69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #2

Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #3
Site Team

Well Shana, I wish I could help but my 280 is probably not a good approximation of either of the units you're inquiring about.

From the floor plans the 291 has a passthru in the front and the access door into the bunkhouse at the rear. The 294 has the front passthru but doesn't appear to have bunkhouse access from the outside. The 291 has two bunks while the 294 has four.

I hope this helped a little.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #4

Hey Shana,
Our 291 Has more storage than we've been able to use in 3 years. yes there is lots of storage under the rear bunk. We bought 3 large "drawer" type totes to put under there to hold all our patio stuff, cords, lights,ect. We also get a 5ft. folding table and 4 bag chairs under that bunk. that area is also large enough to carry 2 adult bikes if that's what you want.there is also acess from inside the camper next to the bathroom wall. It give access to the tub plumbing but also where I keep toilet paper, Paper towels, Holding tank chemicals, small tool box, and things not needed every trip.
Storage under dinnett isn't as good, electrical and water heater take those areas. I can only use one half of space under one bench. I've put shelves in 3 cabinets and plan doing more.
I hope this helps.
John
Old 06-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #5

We own a 2009 SV291 and the storage space is really great....for an ultralite. Plenty of space in the pass thru in front and more than enough for clothes and such under the front bed. The rear access door houses our eight camp chairs, stove, lantern, electrical cords, charcoal and dog bed. We put other items like fans and such on the beds in the rear when we travel. The cabinet space will hold an AMAZING amount of groceries.....just ask my wife. The front of the TT houses all of our hang up items by the beds with plenty of space to store other sundry items there also. One mistake we made, DO NOT STORE ANY ITEMS on the floor where the slide out moves. When opening the slide out it has a tendancy to crush the items in question. The way to figure the slide out crush space is to do this: when the slide is in travel mode, don't put anything down there.
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:39 AM   #6

We did the "Slideout crush", but almost tore the front off the galley cabinet with a large box of trash bags.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill U View Post
We own a 2009 SV291 and the storage space is really great....for an ultralite. Plenty of space in the pass thru in front and more than enough for clothes and such under the front bed. The rear access door houses our eight camp chairs, stove, lantern, electrical cords, charcoal and dog bed. We put other items like fans and such on the beds in the rear when we travel. The cabinet space will hold an AMAZING amount of groceries.....just ask my wife. The front of the TT houses all of our hang up items by the beds with plenty of space to store other sundry items there also. One mistake we made, DO NOT STORE ANY ITEMS on the floor where the slide out moves. When opening the slide out it has a tendancy to crush the items in question. The way to figure the slide out crush space is to do this: when the slide is in travel mode, don't put anything down there.
I will echo everyone's comments re: the slide. We also lost a box of trashbags to this beast.

Also want to echo the amazing storage in rear bunkbed door area. We put several bikes plus our satellite dish, plus 12x16 rug, plus 5 fold up chairs and two loungers and our voltage booster and our 50' extension cord. And the best part about it? So easy to load with that side door.

2008 Chevy CCab 5.3L 4WD Z71
2008 FR Surveyor 291
Champion Genset
Slpybear, Mrs Slpybear, Three Cubs
slpybeartx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #8

Thanks to everyone for all of the responses. Nice to have input from actual owners Definitely helps make the decision making process easier. Sounds like the SV 291 has plenty of room for us! Thanks again, guys (and gals).
Old 07-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #9

Shana,

We just finished our first trip in our SV-294. There was myself, my wife and 3 sons. We all have golf clubs and all of the other things you can imagine people take. We probably overpacked and I was quite amazed at the fact that we had empty storage after overpacking for a week. We did what many suggested and took a notepad and wrote down what we thought we should have brought. The notepad was empty at the end of our 7 day trip! Good luck it is a great product!
Hensley TruControl Gold Brake Controller
scweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #10

Congrats on a great maiden voyage. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your new Surveyor. I'm sure you'll have many more wonderful trips and memories with your family and new "Home".

Tags
surveyor