Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2017, 06:55 PM   #1

Surveyor 200 Murphy bed?

We are seriously considering the 200 mble Murphy bed surveyor. Just wondering how easily this folds up with sheets, bedding on the bed, since the mattress actually folds in half when closing? Thanks!
jeshoffstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeshoffstall View Post
We are seriously considering the 200 mble Murphy bed surveyor. Just wondering how easily this folds up with sheets, bedding on the bed, since the mattress actually folds in half when closing? Thanks!
We just bought a 2018 200 MBLE. Ours doesn’t have the folding mattress. It has a standard queen mattress that doesn’t fold in half and that has resulted in some changes in design to the murphy bed layout from the version you are mentioning. I prefer the standard queen mattress version. With the standard queen mattress you lose the storage above the bed but get longer closets on the sides of the bed. It’s easier to make the bed and to deploy the bed as well with sheets and even a padded topper that stays in place when stored. The only negative is that the bed doesn’t rest flat against the wall when stored. It pokes out a little at an angle towards the inside of the trailer. It looks like a Murphy bed while the folding mattress is more hidden and finished looking when stored. But the regular mattress is easier to make and deploy so that’s a plus and the topper, the sheets, and comforter can all stay on the bed in place and ready for sleep. The pillows still have to be removed. Those we just put behind the couch when the bed is stored.

I realize I didn’t 100% answer your question but I wanted to let you know that there is another option available if your local dealers have it. If I had to guess from having looked at but not used that folding mattress, I would guess that the sheet stays on but the rest needs the be stored somewhere when the Murphy bed is up.
Jbrowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Interestingly, I just read another thread about this. It’s just below this one. Looks like your answer is that when the mattress is folded, the sheets, mattress pad, and even a topper will stay in place. That’s good news.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:16 PM   #4

Thank you, Surveyor made a mid-year change and went away from the folding mattress. All new units will be like yours, you are a trend setter!
jeshoffstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Thank you, Surveyor made a mid-year change and went away from the folding mattress. All new units will be like yours, you are a trend setter!
Lol. Trend setter? That’s a first for me.

For the record and future readers, I just bought a 2 inch bed topper and I can confirm first hand that the bed still easily locks into place in the up position even with sheets, a bed cover pad, and a two inch topper.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrowland View Post
Lol. Trend setter? That’s a first for me.

For the record and future readers, I just bought a 2 inch bed topper and I can confirm first hand that the bed still easily locks into place in the up position even with sheets, a bed cover pad, and a two inch topper.
I’ll add that we even kept the five pillows and light weight comforter on as well with the pad, sheet, and two inch topper below and everything stays perfectly in place. No need to remove or adjust befor or after. Pretty cool.

Also for the record, that new mattress is one of the most uncomfortable mattresses I have ever slept on. Hard as a rock and we like firm mattresses. Adding even just the two inch topper made a huge difference.

Tags
bed, surveyor