Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #1

Surveyor 235RS slide part/repair question

First, let me say that I hate driving I-95 thru South Carolina. I believe that bouncy road is what contributed to this issue.

This is a 2007 unit (built in 2006). For the rear queen bed slide out, I am going to have to replace the ceiling slide out rail on the curb side. It is bent and cracked at the end. The question I have, has anyone replaced one of these?

The main sticking point for me doing it myself is the very last screw in the rail toward the back wall. The trolley wheels in this track stop just about where the last screw is when the slide is in the out position (which it has to be to access all of the mounting screws). I am thinking that if I remove the slide out fascia boards on the inside, it will give me enough room to be able to reach that last screw with the slide out most of the way out. When the slide is at this point, its not really being supported by the track, but bu the upper and lower runners in the opening. If I can get to the last screw, I can remove the track and slide the new track into place.

This is not the first time I've had to work on the slide out, so i'm no stranger to what can be involved and how to work on it safely. I'm just looking for any advise from some one who has already tackled it.

I would guess that the RV service pace is going to say the whole slide needs to come out and want to charge me for 3-5 hrs of time at $125.00 hr, so obviously I want to avoid that if I can.

Any info is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170506_222942_resized.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	137088  
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #2

Update: I figured out how to get to the last screw and I got the rial replaced. I also had one of the hanger studs break, the one that attaches the top of the slide to the trolley wheels that run in the track. Could not locate this part anyplace. I ended up having a par made. Get this bear readjusted was a major PITA, but its done and ready to roll on vacation next week.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #3

Thank you for the update. Glad you got it repaired in time for your trip.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
235rs, repair, slide, surveyor