Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #1

Surveyor 264 owners

Hi,

We have only seen the 264 online. I think it is a very nice trailer. How do you like your 264? It is a little difficult to form an opinion when you have never actually been inside of one.

Thanks for any input,

Debbie
debdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #2

HI Debbie,

We picked up our 264 about two weeks ago and have only camped in it three nights so far. We think we are really going to like it. Our trade-in trailer was an Outback 21 RS. It had a rear slide-out bed. I am so happy to have a real bed!! We have noticed that our layout is slightly different from the brochure. Our bathroom has a door on the corner (sort of angled corner so you can use it when the slide is in) and has a corner shower. It seems bigger than the floorplan shows in the brochure. Also, our wardrobe is on the sofa slide. That does give a little extra room in the "hallway". If you can see one, that is the best way to make a decision. We have been looking at them for a couple of years, trying to make a selection from among several different manufactureres and models. Finally decided on the surveyor--Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom were selling points for us. We also needed a light weight trailer. We tow with a Tacoma with a trailer weight max of 6500 lbs and a gross combined of 11000.
irene l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:51 AM   #3

Hi Debbie,

Just looked at the website and our Surveyor is like the one pictured there. The weights are wrong, however. Ours has a posted weight (on the trailer) of 5100. What do you tow with? We got ours at Stoltzfus RV in Adamstown PA even though we live in NH. Closest place to look at one and seemed to be a good dealership.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
ww2

We Purchased our 264 about 3 weeks ago. We are very happy with it so far, the only problems so far is the piece of crap stereo that buzzes and makes scraping noises, and the LP tank cover is cracked.... Our trailer had the "factory actual weight" sticker that said 4785 lbs... we do have the ladder, white cabinet package, aluminum wheels, slide topper etc. Do you have an extra option that ran the weight up to 5100 lbs ?? I pull it with a 09 F150 with the 5.4 engine and 3.55 rear end. Its all I want to pull with that truck...I bet it puts a load on that Tacoma......

We really like ours so far ...
ww2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #5

Hi ww2,

I would love to have a 150 to pull this trailer. We live in an older condo in NH and our garage is too short to accommodate the double cab 150 or even the extended cab, I think. Our heavy duty trailer package on the Tacoma can do the job if we are careful about not overloading the trailer. Our towing capacity is 6500. We certainly do drive in the slow lane going up steep hills. I'll have to check the weight again when we get out to the storage area where we park the trailer. What year is your 264? We did have a slide topper put on the slide out. Also, our wardrobe is on the slideout.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
ww2

Ours is like that as well...wardrobe on the slide out..Its an 09 that we just bought new... we must have looked at 50 campers and always came back to this floorplan... The only true weight sticker is the yellow one that looks like an add on, its where they weigh it as it leaves the factory... The advertised empty weight on the web site etc. does not include ANY accessories like the AC, any additional packages, LP tanks etc. I was just curious where the 5100lbs came from....
Old 08-31-2009, 05:09 PM   #7

Don't know what the story is, but we went out to the storage area to pack some things into the trailer and I took another look. The weight on the yellow sticker is 5122. We have cherry cabinets, but I doubt that that would make the difference. We are just going to have to be very careful when we pack this trailer. It towed beautifully with the load levelers and sway bar on the trip from Adamstown PA to Bellefonte PA to Keene NH. There are some hefty hills on Rte 322. We just stayed behind the trucks except once when we passed a truck doing @ 25. We DID pass that one on an upgrade. We also looked at many trailers and many layouts. We carry musical instruments which we stored on the bunks of our Outback. Thank goodness we don't have to carry a doghouse bass! We think we are going to be really pleased with this trailer.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #8

Hi ww2,

Sorry for the forgetfulness, but I forgot to ask. What were you told about the table when you travel. Our walk-through person said we should probably put the table down. We were hoping to leave it up. Talked to another forum and an owner said he puts an outdoor table under the leg and leaves the table up with the folded outdoor table keeping the leg from doing any damage. The other forum is "Rockwood, Flagstaff, Surveyor RV Owners Forum. It also has some good information.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #9
ww2

We have left ours up so far..This is the first Ive heard of putting it down, I think I might just put a towel or something under the leg to keep it from doing damage to the floor...... The weight difference must be the cabinets..as far as I know you dont have any options that add weight that we dont have..its kinda strange...
Old 09-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Storage in 264?

264 owners, how do you find the storage space in your unit. We went with the 235 (similar to Outback RS21) because of all of the storage space up front. (We don't use the bunks). We have lounge chairs, storage tubs, luggage, etc we haul in that space. We like the 264 but wonder what we'd do with the stuff we like to have along. What do you bring along with you and where do you put it? The bed of our F150 is also pretty much full; ladder, toolbox, generator, dog kennel, gas can, etc.

Maybe we haul too much stuff!! HA!
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor