Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2021, 09:13 AM   #1

Surveyor 296QBLE - Questions prior to ordering

Grettings all. Got a few Surveyor 296QBLE questions I was hoping to get some help with:
1) The TSS. Anyone have it or can point me to real pics of is? All I've seen is the tiny jackknife that my 3 year old is longer than when laid down. Assuming the $580 TSS option is worthwhile to add additional sleeping space? (I don't care about cup holders)

2) The (2) controls boxes - anyone rig up a cover of sorts? Again; kids. The control box for the awing and lights and slide is on the entertainment center where my kids will click any button they can. There's also some switches (maybe hot water and pump?) in the bathroom at my waist level they can get to too. Some time of clear hard plastic cover?

3) Bunk bed rails. Anyone got a nice clean option? Build vs Buy? I have 4 kids, so wanting some type of rails on both the top ones and prefer no drilling/holes. Will probably keep them installed for many years.

4) 50amp prep + 2nd A/C. Worthwhile or all overkill? I live in the midwest where it is obviously hot, but we stick to state parks mostly where 50amp is rare and shade is abundant. I don't plan to be parked in 100% sun at an RV Park with 50amp service and full hookups if at all. That could change obviously.
boomn29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:45 AM   #2

Response from someone that just ordered a 320BHLE

1) We haven't seen the trifold in the 2021 Surveyor but have seen them on other brands and did not want the tiny jackknife so we ordered the trifold

2) Also interested in ideas around this

3) I've searched the web and there are a bunch of different options (we have 4 kids also), we are thinking about starting with the plastic ones you can get at most big box stores and see how that goes. Something like: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Summer-Si...drail/43241937 but we haven't tried this yet. There are some cool ideas out there with using PVC and an L bracket that we might try also.

4) We ordered with the 50 amp and 2nd AC because its cheaper to order it with it than it is to upgrade later so we figured this gives us the most flexibility later.
dmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:38 PM   #3

Thanks!

We did order the 296QBLE - eta March. Did 50amp prep but no 2nd A/C; bit we have it ready if we want/need it that way.

Bunks... We have 2 of those plastic rails we've used when traveling to AirBNBs and family. Want something more permanent and don't want to drill but might. Will update when we have more!
Old 02-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #4

Awesome! Our 320BHLE is looking like April currently. Interested to see what you lean you get into yours!

dmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:25 AM   #5

As a follow-up for the bunk bed rails - we bought these and they've worked well. Keep in mind, it's more of a deterrent than an all-out safety device.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tags
questions, surveyor