Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #1

surveyor sp260 feedback

I am looking at buying my first TT (surveyor sp260) can anyone give me any feedback on likes/dislikes about this model.
Thanks
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #2

We have had the SP260 for about 2.5 yrs and really like it. We have had almost no problems with it. Quality has been very good. Tows well and is pretty easy to maneuver, even in tight campsites. We looked at many many trailers and floorplans and just kept coming back to the 260. The triple bunks and large U-shaped dinette fit our family perfectly. Each bunk having a window eliminates the "cave" feeling which many of the others seemed to have. My only wish would be that the slide was a little deeper but that is more picking nits than anything. Good luck.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #3

Thanks for the feedback. just went back to the dealership for a second look at the trailer yesterday. The only thing we were concerned with was the dinette didn't have the back rest on the one side of the dinette closest to the door. Do you find that to be an issue for you at all?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #4

It hasn't been an issue for us. We spend most of the cooking and eating time outdoors but the few times we have had to eat inside (family of 5), it has not been a problem. In fact it makes leaning in the door to pass food back and forth easier. On the odd rainy day, we also put the table down or take it out, and use the dinette as a large couch/bed for the kids to watch a movie. The lack of the back rest also helps in that scenario.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #5

We have had our SP260 for a few months and are very pleased with it. We did take it back to the dealer for some minor warranty repairs (delaminating shelf, leaking pass through doors, awning spline was backing out). While we have only had it out three times we did camp in our drive way a few times to get the feel for it. We are a family of three so the three bunks were not needed so we removed the upper one so our son would have plenty of room in the middle rack. We use the lower for misc. storage. It does tow and track well. This is our first camper and I was very concerned about towing and backing. My only experience was towing aircraft in the Navy. LOL Needless to say, take your time, go slow and have plenty of patients.

One thing that did sort of bother me and make me go "Hmmm" was that the television rotated clockwise so the master bedroom could watch TV. It seemed to me that it would have been more user friendly of it would rotate counter clockwise so the TV could rotate toward the dinette for a better viewing angle. It took me about 10 minutes to remove the stop and reinstall it on the other side.
Buck1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #6

That is strange about the TV. At least there was an easy fix for that. We are a family of four so I was also planning on using the lower bunk for storage.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #7

Maybe they did it that way for me and my 220. Turning it CW a little points it to the couch area in the 220.

I know they could have done it differently in that model. I wonder why some of the little things get overlooked like that. Wait until you try to stop the DVD while laying in bed. I hope you are a good pool player
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #8

I had posted the TV mod in the Mods forum and another member mentioned that his Surveyor did rotate counter clockwise. Some of the little things along with the TV issue has led me to believe that I have a "Friday morning" TT.
Buck1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #9

I've read you have to bounce the remote signal off the mirror in order to control the DVD player. I gather thats what you are talking about. Ill start practicing my bank shot.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck1032 View Post
I had posted the TV mod in the Mods forum and another member mentioned that his Surveyor did rotate counter clockwise. Some of the little things along with the TV issue has led me to believe that I have a "Friday morning" TT.
Ours must of been a friday build also....2013 SP220...I'll get on that little adjustment ...
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #11

[QUOTE=The only thing we were concerned with was the dinette didn't have the back rest on the one side of the dinette closest to the door. Do you find that to be an issue for you at all?[/QUOTE]

If you make the dinette into a bed if it gives you more room to stretch out. The lack of a back also makes a good spot to sit and take off your shoes.
Polaris XP550
Berkshireba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surveyor