RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-27-2020, 01:10 PM   #1

Suspension upgrade?

We own a 2020 Surveyor Luxury 251RKS. I have been reading other sites about folks upgrading their suspension with the Lippert Road Armor and bushings/wet bolt kit. We are not full-timers and never will be. In a year or so we will be taking a cross country camping trip (15,000 miles or so) but then after that back to weekend campers. For those of you who may have made this upgrade, are you glad you did it or should I just do the shackle upgrade kit and forget about the new equalizer?

Shackle upgrade $100
Equalizer and shackle kit $365
jhudson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhudson13 View Post
We own a 2020 Surveyor Luxury 251RKS. I have been reading other sites about folks upgrading their suspension with the Lippert Road Armor and bushings/wet bolt kit. We are not full-timers and never will be. In a year or so we will be taking a cross country camping trip (15,000 miles or so) but then after that back to weekend campers. For those of you who may have made this upgrade, are you glad you did it or should I just do the shackle upgrade kit and forget about the new equalizer?

Shackle upgrade $100
Equalizer and shackle kit $365
Guess no one has done it

We have a 2020 Surveyor Luxury 267 RBSS that is having the springs and shackles being replaced under warranty. After the change I will be looking at suspension upgrades. Will check in later.

Good Luck!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:31 PM   #3

Following

FOLLOWING

I have been searching YouTube, WWW, GOOGLE, everywhere for the ANSWER -I have a 2017 Coachman Chaparral that now has ~ 9500 miles (16000km) on it. We are doing a (If the world ever opens up again) BIG trip next summer - maybe 8000 miles , and am interested in this topic. As well it looks like SOME like the MORryde 3000 system adds an inch or two to the ride height of the TT (5th in my case), this would be advantageous as I sit 2inches low front to back. (F250 4x4)
X_Medic 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #4

I replace my suspension on my 16 cardinal with this, and I am very happy with it. It was a little pricey but the improvement far exceeded my expectations. If you have some mechanical skills it can be installed in about 8 hours in you driveway. I did the springs and shocks https://www.roadmasterinc.com/produc...mfort_ride.php
Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension, upgrade