Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #1

Sv 264 Select Help

1. I noticed that when the sofa bed is deployed there is an unsupported overhang which might fail if 2 people were lying on the sofa. Did anybody make or buy a support for under the edge of the sofabed.Maybe purchase an otterman that can do double duty foot rest for watching tv and bed edge support.
2. After the tt sat for 3 weeks and there were temps in the 40's the battery was all but dead i believe this was from the radio/cd/dvd player still has power to the unit I can see the current time when it is unhooked from the shoreline.I tried shutting off the main but the unit must be wired direct to a hot wire to the battery.
3. Satelite antenna I believe is the round disc type unit on the roof.I pushed the power booster and no signal was recieved.My question is do we have to subscribe to a plan like direct tv for the unit to work.
Thanks
Mike
fiwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

2. There are numerous parasitic losses in the trailer. Not only the entertainment center but various detectors; LP etc. IMO your best best is to put a maintainer on the battery (like a Battery Minder). If you have no access to electricity; either disconnect the battery or install a battery disconnect switch.
3. The antenna is for free digital TV. It should work unless you have a defect, not properly connecting it to the TV, or you are out of range of all digital stations. I don't think you have a satellite antenna.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Our sofabed has the "leg" support that you are referring to. I do not doubt the sofa in our trailer could have a problem without this support. I'd take a picture but its in the shop right now. Your sofa bed might well be different, however, and designed to support without the need for a "leg".

I'm surprised the battery lasted that long unless it was a much bigger battery than the typical group 24. The natural self-discharge of a battery combined with the parasitic drains in my trailer will drain a group 24 to 50% charge within about a week.

A deep cycle battery should not be drawn down below 50%. These batteries like to be kept charged and too deep of a discharge will shorten their life considerably or kill them altogether. You should probably check your battery to make sure its ok.

I store my batteries on the trailer tongue and disconnect them with a Blue Sea switch (after fully charging). Some people just disconnect the negative wire to the battery. Certainly, you can also use a decent trickle charger like the one Bob mentioned. That's a nice way to do it if you have the power because then your trailer is always ready to go.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #4

I just keep my trailer plugged in and the battery charge stays up.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote