Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #1

Television Mount.

Did quick search and saw about mounting tv in bedroom but am curious we are planning on buying 243RBS and know the tv mount is on the wall in the main area, my question is does it articulate like pull out from wall and have the ability to angle toward dinette area or is it stuck pretty straight on? Thanks in advance.

Jol
jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:56 PM   #2

It's stuck in place.

Realistically, the TV should come from the factory with a swing out arm. I'm not sure of the exact mounting support but adding an arm would not be difficult. I will likely be doing this to ours as it has the same entertainment area.

The 2 concerns I would have doing a swing arm mount is securing the TV during travel and then also having a long enough cord so you're not pulling it out of the devices the tv is connected to.

Other than that, it would be a very good upgrade.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:08 PM   #3

At the risk of being self serving, you might want to check out my post on the topic: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...bs-151555.html. Note, the mount the factory put in wasn't wasted. It's holding up the TV in the bedroom.

I agree with clarkbre that it should be standard.

clarkbre, we haven't had any issues with the arm. It locks closed. The TV can wiggle just a little when locked but that doesn't seem to be a problem. Our plan B would be to mount a couple of eyes inside the entertainment center and stretch a bungee across.

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawilson View Post
At the risk of being self serving, you might want to check out my post on the topic:.....
Nothing about that is self serving! You are helping another forum member through your successful experience.

Heck, I just reviewed that thread and found my weekend project!

Quote:
......clarkbre, we haven't had any issues with the arm. It locks closed. The TV can wiggle just a little when locked but that doesn't seem to be a problem. Our plan B would be to mount a couple of eyes inside the entertainment center and stretch a bungee across.
Good idea. I will have to look in to mounts and a set up like that.

This thread (and the other one) have been inspiring.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:12 AM   #5

Quote:
At the risk of being self serving, you might want to check out my post on the topic: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...bs-151555.html. Note, the mount the factory put in wasn't wasted. It's holding up the TV in the bedroom.

I agree with clarkbre that it should be standard.

clarkbre, we haven't had any issues with the arm. It locks closed. The TV can wiggle just a little when locked but that doesn't seem to be a problem. Our plan B would be to mount a couple of eyes inside the entertainment center and stretch a bungee across.
Not self serving in the least, heck I have found out a ton of stuff from other groups.
jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, television