Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #1

Question Tornado Flush Kit

I have a Surveyor SV-294 with an enclosed under belly. Has anyone ever installed a Tornado Flush Kit in the black and grey water tanks on this model? Any thoughts on if I should put two in the black tank or is one good enough? Any pics on what I will encounter if I take off the cover of the underside of the trailer? Any help would be appreciated.
sv-294 camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #2

I installed just 1 on my Rockwood a couple of years ago, black tank only. The only problem when installing was the angle the drill needed to be in making the hole. Part of the frame made it very difficult, and I would double clamp the clear hose where it attaches to the Tornado itself. I had mine pop off after a few camping trips(when dumping), but after that was alright. You'll be very surprised what keeps breaking loose after running the Tornado for a while. Get a clear elbow for your sewer connection.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. I think it is worth installing. Does your Rockwood have an enclosed bottom? Was it a big job? Any issues with removing the plastic cover off of the bottom and reattaching?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #4

Yes, its enclosed. Just keep track of the screws you take out. Use plenty of silicone(I used black) to seal the Tornado & alittle of the underbelly cover. The bracket that holds the hose connection attaches easily too. Not a big deal & well worth it. Just take your time and don't be in a hurry.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. I have a lot of foam around every opening in the underbelly. Do you? Did you have to cut the foam? What type of foam did you use to seal the openings? Thanks for all your help!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #6

just remember to put it in an area that will spray at the point that the toilet drops into the tank...since this is were the build up problems will most likely happen. don't spend any money on putting one in the gray...not needed. just remember to use plenty of water when flushing any solids down...it's easier to dump more often the to plug it up once.
Bill Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #7

Something to think about.

I have installed one more than a year ago and have yet to use it once....

Let me explain. I dry camp all the time - in parks where there are no water or sewer hookups, some with electricity.

The dumping stations never have a bib with any pressure to clean the tank, also at home I do not have a sewer hookup.

In a few days I am heading to a campground with full hookups and plan to use it for the 1st time...
Old 07-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #8

I wanted the Tornado on the opposite side of the tank as the dump, so that the water flush "pushed" towards the dump valve, and actually flushed the area that Bill Crawford spoke of, above. To do that, and still install the connection for the Tornado I had to get a longer piece of tubing than what was suppied. But now, my Tornado connection is right next to my dump valve, facilitating easy and quick connection.

Don't forget to blow this flush line out with air (or antifreeze) when wintering, or it will freeze the tubing, or worse, the Tornado valve itself (it's hard plastic, so it could easily crack if water freezes inside it.)

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote