Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2018, 03:24 PM   #1

TPMS Settings

What are your TPMS settings (Low PSI and temp) for dual axle TT

I am setting up my new 287BHSS.

Thanks
New RV Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
Always Learning

I use a TPMS by Truck System Technologies (TST) so my answers are biased to the information they provide. I imagine most TPMS makers have similar guidance, but possibly not 100% the same.

---

1. high pressure should be, "adjust the high-pressure alarm 20-25% over your normal tire pressure" (aka 114 - 119psi; I'd honestly split that down the middle at 116 psi).

2. low pressure should be, "adjust the low-pressure alarm 10% below your normal tire pressure" (aka 85psi).
Old 07-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #3

Don't the trailer tires recommend 65 PSI?

I have no idea what % higher or lower you'd want but if it were me....

On the low side, anything below 60 PSI would be helpful. You'd catch a slow leak or blow out very early.

On the high side, probably anything above 75 PSI or so. Do realize that as the outside are and tire heats up, the PSI will increase. Your most accurate readings are in the morning before the tires roll.

Also, to keep things in check, get yourself an infrared temp gun. At fuel and rest stops, check the consistency of tire and brake drum temps. If one is higher than the other three, something is likely wrong with that tire, brake or hub.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms