Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 09:45 PM   #1
Happy Camper

Wall mounted light switches ???

I have a 2015 -Surveyor Cadet 321BHTS and it does not have but one wall mounted light switch. The main room, bedroom, and bunk house rooms require you to reach up to the ceiling to turn on lights. The grand kids can't reach the bunk house lights so we have a problem. The bathroom has the only wall switch.

Design flaw or construction error?
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #2

we have a 2015 Surveyor 5th wheel, and the light switch to the over head lights in the bedroom is all the way across the room from the doorway. in order to turn any lights on you have to walk thru the dark room to the front wall to get to the switch. this is the only bed design we have found in our 5th wheel/ the bathroom has a wall switch and there is a wall switch to the over head lights in the kitchen and living room lights in the kitchen wall reachable from the area at the door going into the camper so that is good, but have to go blind into the bedroom. there should be a wall switch somewhere at the hallway/entry door to the bedroom area.
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
Happy Camper

Forest River should make the design engineers take a 5 day camping trip so they will see what is needed before they go home to their $200,000 houses in suburbia.

Just my thoughts.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #4

Design flaw... My Surveyor is the same way. It's a cost-cutting measure. My grand kids can't reach them either. We just use night lights in the bath and under the table. That keeps the number of stubbed toes down to a minimum.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValMelton View Post
we have a 2015 Surveyor 5th wheel, and the light switch to the over head lights in the bedroom is all the way across the room from the doorway. in order to turn any lights on you have to walk thru the dark room to the front wall to get to the switch. this is the only bed design we have found in our 5th wheel/ the bathroom has a wall switch and there is a wall switch to the over head lights in the kitchen and living room lights in the kitchen wall reachable from the area at the door going into the camper so that is good, but have to go blind into the bedroom. there should be a wall switch somewhere at the hallway/entry door to the bedroom area.
You can make them wall switched like I did.

Lightning Low Voltage Set (USA)- Toggle Transmitter + 12V DC Wire-In Receiver
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hole enlarged for receiver.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	75669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Receiver & light fixture.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	75670   Click image for larger version

Name:	Receiver wired to light fixture.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	466.3 KB
ID:	75671   Click image for larger version

Name:	Remote Light Switch.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	75672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Receiver in cutout.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	75673  

Old 04-29-2015, 10:02 PM   #6
Happy Camper

Thanks,
I will look into that option as soon as I get it back from the 90 day warranty/adjustment at Camping World in Calera Alabama.

Tags
light, mount