Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 06:23 PM   #1

Water ? Pouring from underskin

Picture Attached-Shakedown Cruise this weekend. Kept all line closed for gray and black water till getting ready to hook to leave and water (looked like had soap bubbles and did not smell) started pouring from underskin of 251rks. Husband said he thinks no gray or little gray came through hose (hooked with Y connector). It seems obvious there is an issue. We are slated to leave for mountains in 2 days and not sure if this is a deal breaker for campout and take to dealer OR keep all tanks closed till last day and deal with gray water in underbelly again then take to dealer for repair? Anyone experience this before or have input?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	058AC8B6-8DEA-4FA5-8A5D-01703D09EC33.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	464.2 KB
ID:	189706  
Angieburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:39 PM   #2

Possible to drop the belly and take a peek inside? Might give you some insight on whether it's an easy fix that you can do right then and there or a more complicated issue that the dealer might need to tackle. I myself will try to tackle anything within my means before I take it to a dealer.

Also looks like an access panel you could use to take a peek too.

Good Luck!
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:41 PM   #3

I would not go camping with this issue looming over my head. If you have a responsive dealer with an outstanding service department then let them fix it tomorrow - yes, there are still a few good ones out there. If not, let your husband pull the coroplast down and have him look for a glue joint that has come apart or something similar the gate valve and the sewer hose connector.The fix is probably simple, yet time consuming and messy but if the dealer would have done a proper PDI this would never have happened.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:59 PM   #4

If built like my FR product, the PVC pipe that goes into the gray and black tank is secured with just a hose clamp, not PVC. Maybe just a simple tighten might work that is if it is the connection between PVC pipe and the tanks.
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #5

Looks like it was already opened up once before for inspection. Prob a bad connection, post pics of it opened up
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:23 PM   #6

Thanks for your response. We are going to call dealer in the morning and try and get in ASAP since we don’t know how to properly remove the skin and not sure how that may effect warranty since it’s just a week old!
Old 10-21-2018, 09:38 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angieburns View Post
Thanks for your response. We are going to call dealer in the morning and try and get in ASAP since we don’t know how to properly remove the skin and not sure how that may effect warranty since it’s just a week old!
Did they not have the water system pressurized for your PDI/walkthrough?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:42 PM   #8

I’m not sure what that means?

The guy did a very good PDI I thought compared. We turned on water both cold and hot but there were no problems since we didn’t attemp to drain that little bit out of tanks. Is there something I’m missing?
Old 10-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angieburns View Post
The guy did a very good PDI I thought compared. We turned on water both cold and hot but there were no problems since we didn’t attemp to drain that little bit out of tanks. Is there something I’m missing?
Many dealers don't get the water system pressurized with water, for the walkthrough.
Then new owners leave, only to find that there's a leak issue.
Strange that it didn't leak at the dealer but started on your shakedown trip.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:38 PM   #10

Water pouring from underskin

Had a similar problem with my 2014 Surveyor. It leaked after showers were taken. The drain at the shower was not tightened correctly. I took it back to the dealer who found the problem and fixed it.
Rmstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #11

To new to fix yoiurself

You need this documented at the dealer. A year or 2 from any evidence of water damage could mess you over later.
1984fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:20 PM   #12

Had a similar problem with the bath grey tank, when the installed something by the tank a screw went into the tank about a half inch from the top. When I checked out the leak there was no screw close but I could see the threads from the screw in the tank. Some 2 part water proof putty pushed into the hole has taken care of it for the last 9 years.
dbryan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #13

Water Leak

Looks like you are in the front of the RV, my guess would be the fresh water holding tank. This won't show up if the PDI was done with city water.
BaltimoreMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #14

Had the same problem, pipe from the sink in the outdoor kitchen came loose while traveling. Tighten it up and no problem since. Hope it's an easy fix.

You will learn to fix things on your own because you get tired of fighting with dealer and forest river on fixing it. I use to stress about it but learned to roll up my sleeves and fix it much simpler.
happyttowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #15

Guys, as I’m understanding it, he’s saying it did not leak till he tried to drain both black and gray tanks. If so it has nothing to do with the system being under pressure. At least that’s what I’m understanding.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water