Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #1

Wires and leak

Hi I have a 2010 280 Sport, I noticed that it has wires that are attached to the grey water tank and the black water tank, the other day I noticed that the grey water ones were just hanging what are these for and why are they not enclosed, also my grey water line seems to be leaking a bit should I worry about this or just leave it?
Ali88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #2

Those wires are attached to the sensors for the indicating lights that tell you how full the holding tank is. They are very low voltage so don't really need to be enclosed.

I would definitely try to figure out the source of the leak and fix it before you are sitting at a camp site and you have a grey water flood.
masonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick response, I looked last night and it seems that it is coming from the joint just above the last elbow, it should be an easy fix, but the wires are another thing, I seem to have a wire for each level in the tank but does anybody know if they go to, I can't possibly hook them all to the power wire or they will all read the same level......there must be a special connector that I need......can anybody help me out?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #4

There is a product called "Goop" or "Plumbers Goop" available from Can Tire (amongst other places) which would easily fix your grey tank leak. I used it when installing a black tank flush couple of
years ago - works great !

Re sensor wires - a bit confusing. Do you mean that they are connected to the side of the tank but hanging loose and not connected to the trailer anywhere, or do you mean that they come out of the trailer somewhere but just hang there not connected to the side of the grey tank ?

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #5

They are connected to the side of the tank and not connected to anywhere else, it looks as though some kind of connector has fallen off, I was initially going to cennect them all together with a marrette but I thought that it wouldn't work because it would always read full......is this right

Tags
surveyor