Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #1

GS272 - Where is the water filter supposed to be?

Just bought a used GS272. I did not see the water filter anywhere - could have been removed. Where is it supposed to go?

Thanks.

Mike
whitehme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #2

Mine is located directly under the galley sink, next to the water heater. You didn't mention what year yours was. Ours is a 2006. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have. Tows like a dream and is very comfortable for the wife and I.
The Rooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehme View Post
Just bought a used GS272. I did not see the water filter anywhere - could have been removed. Where is it supposed to go?

Thanks.

Mike
I have an '09 surveyor. You have to remove the lower panel in the bathroom to get at the filter, it is beside the water pump. I bought the trailer brand new and still had to look for it!

happy camping
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rooky View Post
Mine is located directly under the galley sink, next to the water heater. You didn't mention what year yours was. Ours is a 2006. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have. Tows like a dream and is very comfortable for the wife and I.
Mine is also the 2006 model. Do you have a picture showing where it is hooked up?

Thanks!
whitehme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #5

Just look in the cabinet under the kitchen sink. It's mounted toward the forward side. The water pump should be directly behind the filter. I would hope they made all of them the same. Don't have pics. Trailer is in storage.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #6

Thumbs down Another question on 2007 GS272

Where is the crank to manually bring in the slide out, cant find it anywhere?

Thanks,

Ryan
rrtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #7

I was told that it is behind the front steps. Have not really looked since the day I took delivery. It requires a special crank handle similar to the one that is used for your stab. jacks. I made sure the dealer supplied me with one when I bought the trailer.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #8

FWIW: I just acquired an '06 GS291 and found the water filter at the bottom of the pantry, just to the rear-side of the range. There was a thin piece of plywood sort of jammed in place. Once it was removed I found the water pump and filter canister. Good Luck, David
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote