Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2020, 02:28 PM   #1

1st outing as a camper and with our 26rr

Well, we finally got to camping after looking at it in our driveway for 2 weeks. We went to a great campground nearby and did a weekend. Kind of a shake down cruise if you will.

Towing was good, feeling more comfortable each time. Setting up went very easy, easier than i had been thinking. I guess all those threads i read here and you tube videos actually helped.

Dogs did great, much better than expected, and we were able to relax and enjoy.

Only things we knew we had to get before next trip, (this weekend) was a mattress and grill. I cannot believe that with the amount of money we spent on a brand new camper that the mattress they provided was worthless. Almost ruined the experience for the wife. Got home Sunday and immediately ordered a mattress.

I'm amazed at the initial expense AFTER the purchase of the trailer. Actually kind of shell shocked, but i guess these are things that i wont have to buy year after year.

The grill i didn't think i needed right away, but i found myself longing to cook out while at the campground, felt i was missing something i usually enjoy. so broke down and got a Blackstone tailgator combo to take with us. really excited to use that.

Well, the first one is in the books and everyone is actually very excited to the next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200815_180020.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	604.5 KB
ID:	236966   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200815_182832.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	236967  
Daniel1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:41 PM   #2

Nice setup. Glad you had a good time.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:13 AM   #3

Congrats.... Just brought home my new 26RR this past Monday. Trying to decide where to go for my shakedown trip, can't wait to get out and camp
jrb.bostonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb.bostonma View Post
Congrats.... Just brought home my new 26RR this past Monday. Trying to decide where to go for my shakedown trip, can't wait to get out and camp
Congrats! You'll love it....except the mattress...lol
Old 08-20-2020, 05:42 AM   #5

Congratulations! My only advice for you... Season and then cook on your Blackstone at home before your next trip. There is a learning curve that I can’t explain. Just use it and you’ll see. (My wife still doesn’t believe me about the learning curve.) I love using mine and am enjoying the curve. But it’s still a curve.
JWood422 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 07:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood422 View Post
Congratulations! My only advice for you... Season and then cook on your Blackstone at home before your next trip. There is a learning curve that I can’t explain. Just use it and you’ll see. (My wife still doesn’t believe me about the learning curve.) I love using mine and am enjoying the curve. But it’s still a curve.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, we are heading out this weekend and i haven't had time to use it at home. My plan is to season it as soon as we get to campsite. Following instructions i plan to do it 3 to 4 times. Baptism by fire i guess. I'm hoping ill love this thing and it will be my grilling staple at home as well. it came with a very nice cover, bonus for me.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:14 AM   #7

Glad you guys got to get out in your new trailer. We purchased new in April 2019, and had to wait until late June of 2019 to go, because every lake within 100 miles of our house was flooded. We found the same thing you did in that each time we went out last year, we (mainly I) found something else I needed / wanted to purchase to make my RV life more comfortable or enjoyable. We even had a camper (larger pup) before this one, and I think I quit counting the $$$ after we spend an additional $1,500 in "stuff" for the new camper. This included hitch, Blackstone, bedding and items to keep in the camper, etc. You're right though, eventually, you run of out things you need, or storage room. I guess you just hope storage runs out first, LOL.

Good choice on the Blackstone. That's what I purchased last year too. Mainly, because it was the one outdoor cooking appliance we didn't have. Had the smoker at home, had the fryer and the Dutch Oven, so griddle is what I wanted. Plus, we use it at home frequently as well.

Enjoy your time out there. If done correctly, RV Life is quite enjoyable. The more ways you can find to enjoy the time the better.
Other toys: 2007 Rinker Captiva w/Monster tower & rack
GXPWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:58 AM   #8

Every year you add less stuff to the trailer.

The notion it is cheaper to camp is not correct. It is however better than motel camping by a lot. Same bed every night. Same bathroom. Some nights we just graze for dinner or other meals. We eat better.

No barbie, a real rookie mistake. The Blackstone will do it.

The scenery is the best.

Hope you bought that Square drive screwdriver!

We bought the optional Serta Mattress for ours. Added a $200 mattress topper from Costco.

The set up an tear down gets easier. We can overnight set up without utilities in minutes. You will however, continue to be the camp entertainment while back in parking for a while.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:52 PM   #9

Congrats, we have not had the opportunity to go out yet (projects, wildfires, COVID Campers) with our 25rrt. But, when we do we don't expect to use the front bed. We expect to use the happijac bed because our dogs sleep with us. I am concerned about the apparently weak supports, I think I will be building some additional supports to go under the table for better support.
Mike_Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper