Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #41
RiderBloke

CTM, ask if they can do doors for that unit. My dealer told me early on that it should be possible. It might be expensive though.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:37 PM   #42
CTM

Thanks RiderBloke, I'll let you know what I find out.
CTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:11 PM   #43

Hi everyone new to forum. I have a couple of questions to people who have a 26RR. I live in western Pa. and my local dealers can't compare to prices I've found in Michigan and Indiana, are the prices really that far off. They are telling me that the trailer can only be warrantied at the dealer you bought it from. Also what kind of problems have you had that you need to take it back for service? I really love the floor plan and the price over most all other toy haulers. I will be hauling a 06 road king and wonder about the strength of the ramp and the D rings in the floor. I have not talked to other dealers besides my locals at the Pittsburgh RV. show but I like to be informed when I call. Does anybody use the solar charger that is available and what size generator do you use as we do a lot of dry camping. Any info would be helpful, thank you Dave
polish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #44
CTM

Polish2,
I have a 26RR Limited and truly love it. The floor plan is awesome and it tows very well.
I have noticed prices all over the board. Ours wasn't one of the cheaper but no where near the suggested list.
I think any FR dealer can honor the warrantee but I have also read on the forum that getting someone to do the work can be difficult if you didn't purchase it from them. We had a couple of minor issues with ours. 1 The TV antenna wiring connection was not done properly. 2. The scare light had a short. No big deal but was corrected promptly. Overall quality is pretty darn good for a mass produced product.
We boondock camp so I have two batteries and take our two Champion 2000 W Inverter generators with a parallel kit. Also have a battery shut off switch to chose one battery or the other or both. Only run the generator to charge the batteries or watch TV or other appliances. Looking into the Zamp Solar kit myself but I can't decide what size panel kit to get.
As far as loading I can't speak for motorcycles we haul a Polaris RZR that loads easily. I have noticed other posts having problems with the short ramp with the bike not clearing without modifications.
I hope this helps, good luck.
Cheers!
CTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:02 PM   #45

CTM, Tanks for the info. I think I have the loading figured out, but I have read about the door not being the strongest, that was my concern. I guess I am going to call some dealers and get there take on buying out of state, and warranties. I don't se me buying until next year so I have a lot of time to get all my ducks in a row. Any other input would be very helpful.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:14 PM   #46
RiderBloke

2015 26RR Grey Wolf

Polish2,
I know it's a bit farther than some other dealers but contact Mike at TriCityRV.com in Bay City Michigan. Everyone I have met who has dealt with them have spoken very highly of them and I have my 26RR on order from them too.

Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 01-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by polish2 View Post
Hi everyone new to forum. I have a couple of questions to people who have a 26RR. I live in western Pa. and my local dealers can't compare to prices I've found in Michigan and Indiana, are the prices really that far off. They are telling me that the trailer can only be warrantied at the dealer you bought it from. Also what kind of problems have you had that you need to take it back for service? I really love the floor plan and the price over most all other toy haulers. I will be hauling a 06 road king and wonder about the strength of the ramp and the D rings in the floor. I have not talked to other dealers besides my locals at the Pittsburgh RV. show but I like to be informed when I call. Does anybody use the solar charger that is available and what size generator do you use as we do a lot of dry camping. Any info would be helpful, thank you Dave
Butler RV? <--- I know this because I bought my 19RR from them. I know alot of out of state shops are cheaper but they included a WDH, brake controller P2 installed at my schedule not theirs, and I already had to exchange a power cord due to led light stopped working and Tim(warranty rep) took care of it for me no questions asked. I haven't used mine yet for the D rings they look pretty good with three 2inch screw on all 4 of them. Just need a wheel chock from what Ive read.........and welcome to the forum!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new toy hauler.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	68925  

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC s(sold)
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
2017 F150 Super Crew 3.5eb 5.5
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #48

Thanks RiderBloke, & bluewoo Yes it was Butler rv. Talked yesterday to the Outpost RV, and Haylett RV and there prices are insanely low compared to Butler. Both said warranty work could be handled by any FR dealer, suggested I call FR directly to make sure, makes sense if your are out on the road and needed something fixed shouldn't have to take it home to get it fixed. Thanks again for the replies, any information or advise is much appreciated.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #49
RiderBloke

Polish2, be careful of the prices they give until you know what is included (and that means the PDI Cost as well). Very few of these trailers are sold in the basic form - most are sold with the 2 upgrade packages and a couple of extras as well. These add about $3500 to the price based on my experience. The 26RR has become a very popular seller according to TriCityRV.
Good luck with the purchase. I just saw mine which came earlier than I want it and also the dealer saw immediately that it was not built exactly as I had ordered it so he has ordered another from the factory for me. That's a good dealer.

Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 01-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderBloke View Post
Polish2, be careful of the prices they give until you know what is included (and that means the PDI Cost as well). Very few of these trailers are sold in the basic form - most are sold with the 2 upgrade packages and a couple of extras as well. These add about $3500 to the price based on my experience. The 26RR has become a very popular seller according to TriCityRV.
Good luck with the purchase. I just saw mine which came earlier than I want it and also the dealer saw immediately that it was not built exactly as I had ordered it so he has ordered another from the factory for me. That's a good dealer.

I was told the same by Butler RV that inspection and dealer prep is not included in alot of other dealerships I looked at. Im very please with my purchased from Butler rv

2006 Honda Goldwing
Old 02-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #51
RiderBloke

I have my 26RR on order and am busy (well, not that busy - after all I am supposed to be retired!) buying goodies for it in advance. I keep looking at backup cameras. I know the 26RR has a place for the camera above the ramp door, but I have no idea what is actually provided there. Is there hard wiring for the video or is it to be wireless? Does it supply 12V and if so, is it from a constant 12V source or just the reversing light?
I want my camera on all the time to use for rear vision and I hope to mount another on the inside of the trailer to keep a bit of an eye on the bikes and also as a security thing perhaps.
Any info would be appreciated. getting anxious now but the cold, cold, cold weather would prevent me from using it yet anyway.
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 02-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #52

Quote:
I have my 26RR on order and am busy (well, not that busy - after all I am supposed to be retired!) buying goodies for it in advance. I keep looking at backup cameras. I know the 26RR has a place for the camera above the ramp door, but I have no idea what is actually provided there. Is there hard wiring for the video or is it to be wireless? Does it supply 12V and if so, is it from a constant 12V source or just the reversing light?
I want my camera on all the time to use for rear vision and I hope to mount another on the inside of the trailer to keep a bit of an eye on the bikes and also as a security thing perhaps.
Any info would be appreciated. getting anxious now but the cold, cold, cold weather would prevent me from using it yet anyway.

I read that its powered from the trailer lights and no direct wiring for video... click link http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...era-65977.html. post#6

2006 Honda Goldwing
Old 02-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #53
RiderBloke

Bluewoo,
Thanks for the info.

Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 02-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #54

Quote:
Bluewoo,
Thanks for the info.

Anytime, Just hope it's right!

2006 Honda Goldwing
Old 02-18-2015, 12:40 PM   #55

This is a great thread. I own a FR HW pop-up and the past two years we haven't used it between buying a new house, one kid getting married and another in college. We went to a local RV show Monday (my first) and was surprised that they had one measly little 17 foot toy hauler. We did speak to a few dealers and one was trying to sell us a left over (2015 model from last April) Vengeance and was willing to take my pop-up sight unseen, but I hadn't doen any research.

After returning home, I was up all night (self proclaimed research whore) and realized the is the same lay-out and basic features of the Vengeance at a much more reasonable price (even with the one time show deal).

We own two full size motorcycles (a Harley and a Victory) and are looking to purchase in the next month or two. I have noticed as others have said that the mid part of the country has much more stock (most in the northeast say they can order it or have them on order for spring) and better pricing.

Looking forward to joining the pack - pun not intended...
wildcatwmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:49 PM   #56

One thing I dislike about the top hinged cabinet doors was holding them open with my head while retrieving large items. I decided to fix that. Added some gas lifts on the four doors with the top hinge, works great:

Mr_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #57

Evening all, Just got a new vehicle for towing, Got a mint condition 2005 Ford econoline E150 Chateau with 68,000 on it. All I need now I the toy hauler. LOL I have been doing a lot of research and believe I will be getting my Grey Wolf from the Outpost Rv in Indiana. Talked to glen miller there a couple of times and he has given me the bet out the door price of anybody. Hope to pull the trigger this year but time will tell, if not next year for shure. Love seeing all the modifications done,great idea. Thanks
Old 02-18-2015, 11:40 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Wilson View Post
One thing I dislike about the top hinged cabinet doors was holding them open with my head while retrieving large items. I decided to fix that. Added some gas lifts on the four doors with the top hinge, works great:

Those are pretty nice. where did you order them from.
I got my 26RR in July and these are one of the many items on my "things to get, things to do" list!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:53 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsignguy View Post
Those are pretty nice. where did you order them from.
I got my 26RR in July and these are one of the many items on my "things to get, things to do" list!
I got those on EBay:

Durable Hydraulic Gas Strut Lift Support Kitchen Door Cabinet Hinge Spring Brass | eBay

I got the 50Nm strength.(could use stronger if you want them to open w/o help) On the shorter bedroom doors, I had to remove the latch on one side to mount. Only one latch is needed. I see he is out of stock, but there are lots of other sellers.
Mr_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:13 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Wilson View Post
I got those on EBay:

Durable Hydraulic Gas Strut Lift Support Kitchen Door Cabinet Hinge Spring Brass | eBay

I got the 50Nm strength.(could use stronger if you want them to open w/o help) On the shorter bedroom doors, I had to remove the latch on one side to mount. Only one latch is needed. I see he is out of stock, but there are lots of other sellers.

Thanks for the feedback and the link. I deal with ebay all the time so that's good. As for the other sellers, they all seem to be from "out of town" so to speak and delivery can be somewhat of a pain. I can wait for a while and keep checking back to see. Again thanks, I do appreciate it!

Tags
grey wolf