Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #1

Smile 2015 26RR Grey Wolf

Traded in my 2012 19RR for a 2015 26RR. The 19RR was a nice little camper for me and my wife and the Harley to make trips in. She will not ride the bike long distances so this was the way to get to areas and explore with the bike and have a nice home base to return to. It was fine for a few years and then the grand kids are getting old enough to want to go camping also. The 19RR does not have room for extra people. Another thing I hated was stopping along the way on a trip and trying to get around the bike to get into the camper with the door in the back.
The 26RR took care of alot of these issues for us.I love being able to get to everything in the camper even with the bike loaded. The front bed room is nice but when I replace the mattress with a full size queen it doesn't allow much room to walk in the door and around the bed but is do able. I'm 6'5" so the longer mattress was worth it.
The bathroom is much nicer in the 26RR and I can use the toilet without leaving the door open like I had to in the 19RR. I also like the corner shower and don't feel near as crowded as the one in the 19rr.
We have a couple of the zero gravity chairs that we have room to place side by side and they make a great seat to sit and watch TV in the evenings when inside. This same area will allow room for a blow up mattress to sleep a few more.
We have only camped one weekend so far to test things out but in a couple weeks will be having 2 sons a daughter in law and 2 grand kids all staying in it with us for a weekend. We could not have done that in the old 19RR.

2015 Ram 2500 Crew cab
rstewart06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
CTM

Congrats on your new toy hauler! We too recently purchased a 2015 26RR. We have only taken it out once but love it. The floor plan is what sold us on it not to mention the price.
We had a couple of small issues but nothing that I couldn't fix with little effort.

We haul our Polaris RZR with plenty of room to spare. The location of the door make easy access to the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom without having to move anything.

Love the fold down screen door; it makes it feel even bigger when open. I would recommend this to most anyone.
CTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #3

Welcome form Wisconsin and congrats on your 2015 Grey Wolf 26RR.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTM View Post
Congrats on your new toy hauler! We too recently purchased a 2015 26RR. We have only taken it out once but love it. The floor plan is what sold us on it not to mention the price.
We had a couple of small issues but nothing that I couldn't fix with little effort.

We haul our Polaris RZR with plenty of room to spare. The location of the door make easy access to the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom without having to move anything.

Love the fold down screen door; it makes it feel even bigger when open. I would recommend this to most anyone.
We have a 2014 26RR and I am curious about the fold down screen door you're referring to. Is this something for the rear loading door? I did not know that option existed.

Thanks.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #5
CTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
We have a 2014 26RR and I am curious about the fold down screen door you're referring to. Is this something for the rear loading door? I did not know that option existed.

Thanks.
I got the Limited edition the rear drop down screen came with it. It is very cool.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:06 AM   #6

Mine also did not come with the rear screen. I have looked online for one but all I find are made for the bigger doors on toy haulers that the whole back end is a door. I have not contacted the dealer but did try to find one just for the gray wolf toy haulers online with no luck.

2015 Ram 2500 Crew cab
rstewart06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #7

Does anyone have experience with Stoett Screens? The concept looks cool to me.
Retractable Screens for RVs - Stoett Industries
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #8

I had a 2011 21RR... same issue as the 19. The 26RR came out after I gave up on TH for awhile, but got the bug again... we share similar reasons for having one... I just got the XLR 29HFS. I do like the 26RR; wish they had it built when I got the 21RR.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #9

We have had our 26RR since bout March and use it 3 or four times and love it. What kind of toys is everyone hauling. We have a Can-am. Has anyone thought about using I for full-timing living?
butterfly6842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #10

What are you towing you're 26 RR with
Old 10-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #11

Not much traffic on this forum
Jswerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #12
CTM

We hauler a Polaris RZR 800, have plenty of room for it. Tow it with a 2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost. Love the camper and the truck.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #13

We also have an 800 rzr and tow it with a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. We have had several campers but this is our first toy hauler, we love it. Plenty of room for the rzr and absolutely love the separate bedroom. For the price and size you can't beat it. Anybody have any modifications that they have done to theirs? I have seen lots of mods to the 19 and 25rr's but not much on these.
mcelhany00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #14

I have seen on fb where some 1 took a desk and cut out the back to fit around the wheel wells looks really sharp. It went across from the kitchen cabinets. My husband and I are thinking about doing that only not cutting out the back of the desk instead we want to prop the front not sure how we'll do that need to investigate. Glad hear that it can be pulled with our Ford f 150 it is a 2011 with a trailer package
Old 10-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #15

We just purchased 2015 26RR about a month ago. So far we love it! We tow it with a 2003 dodge ram 1500 4x4. So far the truck has been great! We have a Harley street glide that were looking forward to bringing with us camping! We have to install a wheel chock first. Hopefully this is an easy job. We will probably be winterizing it soon its getting cold fast!
innis551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by innis551 View Post
We just purchased 2015 26RR about a month ago. So far we love it! We tow it with a 2003 dodge ram 1500 4x4. So far the truck has been great! We have a Harley street glide that were looking forward to bringing with us camping! We have to install a wheel chock first. Hopefully this is an easy job. We will probably be winterizing it soon its getting cold fast!
This is exactly what we want. We ride a 12 sg everywhere. Hoping to add this beauty some day.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #17
RiderBloke

The 26RR is just new for 2014 but the general space in the toy area and the kitchen seems identical to the 25RR so the mods to 25s will be very applicable. I think most of us who choose the 26RR do so for the bed layout.
I buy mine next year but have long been settled on it and the dealer has sold quite a few of them after initially ordering just 1 and having to increase the order immediately.
I have a Tundra to pull it so I'm getting excited about it. Will haul a BMW F800GT (500lbs).
I look forward to the experience of other 26RR owners and modifiers.
Ron Cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #18
CTM

There were several reasons why we purchased our Grey Wolf 26RR.
1 - The bedroom layout with the walk around bed. I know my wife appreciates it.
2 - The bathroom layout with the big shower (ours has the optional glass door surround which we really like).
3 - The higher toilet although we did change that to a china bowl version.
4 - The price, which was the primary reason. I couldn't justify spending a lot of money on a unit that we use 6 or 8 times a year.

We have only had ours for about 6 months. Haven't done too many mods but here is a short list.
Add a shelf in the entertainment center. We use that cabinet for a food pantry.
LED lights because we primarily dry camp.
Changed the toilet as previously mentioned to a china bowl.
Replace the door hardware to the bathroom with one with a lock set.
Added a door stopper at the base of the entertainment center (now pantry) to keep the bathroom door knob from hitting the cabinet.
Replaced the bathroom faucet to one that matches the rest of the bathroom hardware.
Added a towel ring and tissue holder in the bathroom.
Had a Maxxair roof cover installed above the fantastic fan.
Added a second battery with battery selector/kill switch.

What I want to do;
Mounting the spare tire, I don't know if I want to mount it on the outside of the ramp door, or installing it under the unit just can't decide which way to go.
Install pneumatic door hinges on the cabinets that open upward.
Replace the sewer hose holder.

So far we love our 26RR.
Cheers!
Old 11-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #19

CTM if you load a motorcycle in the 26RR can you verify how riding up and down the ramp is? It looks like a steep angle and I ride a 840 pound Harley bagger. Want to make sure my frame won't drag taking it in and out!
Old 11-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #20
CTM

Jswerve, Sorry can't help you there, we have a Polaris RZR 800 UTV, but I have seen where others have had problems loading a motorcycle because of the short steep door.

Tags
grey wolf