Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #1
Tps
Constantly Confused

22RR Test Wall/Screen Wall

Our 22RR didn't come with the screen wall for the tailgate. Does anyone know what the part number is for it? I can't find any reference to it. The local Stealerships won't tell us what it is, so I can't price shop around for it.
Tps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:31 PM   #2

The dealer didn't give me a part number but they did give me a price $285! I searched the net and found this company http://www.toyhaulerscreen.com/index.html
They are far more reasonably priced!
TMMull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #3
Tps
Constantly Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMMull View Post
The dealer didn't give me a part number but they did give me a price $285! I searched the net and found this company Toy Hauler Screen - No Bugs Allowed!
They are far more reasonably priced!
The cost is about half, but the dealer one also has the solid panels so you can make it a soft wall... hmm... good alternative. I'll have the boss make the decision.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:14 AM   #4

I literally just ordered one from top stitch inc, which is the manufacturer that supplies forrest river with these screens. I was quoted $385 by forest river, and paid top stitch $103 shipped! Just contact them they are great and will get you what you need. Keep in mind grey wolfs prior to a certain vin in 2017 have 73x76 screens and the 2017 and newer have the bigger rear door 90 something by 76. This is also the reasoning behind the lies forrest river and LCI tells you about not being able to install a party deck on the older grey wolfs. But thats another story...

Call Top stitch there number is 574-293-6633 and ask for Candi she will get you what you need.
rmcduffie49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:11 AM   #5
Tps
Constantly Confused

Thanks, I'll do that. Is there any other mounting hardware I need, or do they supply everything?
Old 06-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #6

You will need to order an awning rail, most dealerships have them and will cut them, I paid $12 for a piece cut 74" long.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:15 AM   #7
Tps
Constantly Confused

Thanks. Will someone please post up a picture of a factory installed rail for me?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #8

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0&d=1490727116, the screen is easy to install took me 15 minutes with my son helping me hold it in place as i drilled the self tapping screws in to hold the awning rail up. the sides are just held with velcro strips (some have added velcro to the bottom but i don't think its necessary) the awning rail can be found cheap online as well however it usually comes in 96in pieces and shipping is high! If you go to an rv dealer just ask for awning rail, they don't need to know anymore or any less and tell them you need it cut to 74". Im in the screen and rail for less than $120, with 15 minutes of my time to install. Dealer will want $320-$380 plus an hour labor to install.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #9

here is a link to some awning rail and a decent price

https://accessories.lazydays.com/stn...XuPhoCb8Xw_wcB