Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2020, 10:51 AM   #1
*~New Beginnings~*

23Pack15 -- Love it?

Who here has one and loves it? I had been considering a 24pack14 and the storage/space I was giving up from my current Flagstaff was crazy... then I walked in and checked out the 23pack15. There is considerably more counter space and storage...along with a longer awning.. and its not that much heavier/longer thant the p14 and still has all the things that p14 had. Love having the possible generator added later.... but that seems like a huge $$$$ but since its just me camping...it would eliminate me having to lift/pack/fuel a generator when one is needed.

Who here has one...
  • How long have you had it
  • What do you love about it
  • What do you dislike about it
  • Would you buy it again
  • Has it held up even with it exposed to the elements (with the door open)

My flagstaff was heavily camped in for a good 6 years... we haad a blast.. and the only thing that ever went wrong was the door to the outdoor kitchen... warped...and to be replaced... even tho it was NEVER open in the rain or anything.. even the counter top in the outdoor kitchen had to be warranty replaced that first year as well.. and we took VERY good care of it...
I am thinking the toy hauler is a HUGE "outdoor kitchen" type camper.... if you love having that door open all the time -- enjoying the party deck...as I am sure I would.... and its humid as hell here in Indiana.... just trying to get some feedback before I make a decision.
Thank you!!!

2021 Cherokee Wolfpack 23Pack15>=<o Ford F350 Diesel Super Duty XLT
Previous: 2012 Flagstaff 829RKSS
👉🏻Don’t stop doing what you love 💕 find a way 👈🏻
#HappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
*~New Beginnings~*

Surely there is someone here that can provide some kind of feedback....

Old 06-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #3
Network Engineer

Greetings from NC
We just bought our 23Pack15 first part of June. Have had one trip in it and our second this coming weekend. Feedback thus far is great. Had one light that wont turn off via the push button (wall switch works just fine) .. and the stove top cover hinge was bent and will not lay flat. Easy fixes and covered under warranty.
We love the room it provides with the slide out. Plan to get a couple of Euro type rockers .. but using lawn chairs for now. We love the party deck and the Harley fits great ..
No complaints .. but again we have more driveway time than actual camping time at this point.

Hope that helps
-Dave

2021 Prime Time 3411RK "Jack"
2017 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2L "Brutus"
Dickowww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:55 AM   #4
*~New Beginnings~*

It does help!!! Thank you for taking the time to reply!! Glad you are loving the new camper.. and have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickowww View Post
Greetings from NC
We just bought our 23Pack15 first part of June. Have had one trip in it and our second this coming weekend. Feedback thus far is great. Had one light that wont turn off via the push button (wall switch works just fine) .. and the stove top cover hinge was bent and will not lay flat. Easy fixes and covered under warranty.
We love the room it provides with the slide out. Plan to get a couple of Euro type rockers .. but using lawn chairs for now. We love the party deck and the Harley fits great ..
No complaints .. but again we have more driveway time than actual camping time at this point.

Hope that helps
-Dave

Old 07-03-2020, 09:41 AM   #5
*~New Beginnings~*

surely more people have some feedback!

Old 08-27-2020, 06:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by #HappyCamper View Post

surely more people have some feedback!

Me and my wife had bought a 2021 toyhauler 23pack15 and we really loved it because it would fit our 4 seater in the back of it. We bought it in July of this year and had only camped out of it once. Well when we had gotten back from our trip I just let the toyhauler running for a month as far as the air conditioning I left it set on 78 and had no issues at all..well I eventually shut it down till our next trip. This past Sunday I went to fire it up and everything worked besides the fridge it has a furrion fridge 10 cubic and it will not power on and still hasn’t til yesterday. Well so when I went into the toyhauler yesterday evening the air conditioning had quit working it was 96 in their and all it will do is just hum..the fan comes on lo but will not turn on hi. When I go to turn the compressor on it just hums and I had thought I smell something electrical burning so I immediately shut it off..so we have a family trip planned this weekend and we have no fridge or no AC...please tell me your thoughts we actually like the toyhauler but is disappointed because we have only used it 1 time..thanks
Old 09-03-2020, 10:46 AM   #7
*~New Beginnings~*

oh wow.. this sounds terrible.... were you able to do warranty work on your model at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhedrick1318 View Post
Me and my wife had bought a 2021 toyhauler 23pack15 and we really loved it because it would fit our 4 seater in the back of it. We bought it in July of this year and had only camped out of it once. Well when we had gotten back from our trip I just let the toyhauler running for a month as far as the air conditioning I left it set on 78 and had no issues at all..well I eventually shut it down till our next trip. This past Sunday I went to fire it up and everything worked besides the fridge it has a furrion fridge 10 cubic and it will not power on and still hasn’t til yesterday. Well so when I went into the toyhauler yesterday evening the air conditioning had quit working it was 96 in their and all it will do is just hum..the fan comes on lo but will not turn on hi. When I go to turn the compressor on it just hums and I had thought I smell something electrical burning so I immediately shut it off..so we have a family trip planned this weekend and we have no fridge or no AC...please tell me your thoughts we actually like the toyhauler but is disappointed because we have only used it 1 time..thanks

Old 09-03-2020, 07:40 PM   #8

Quote:
oh wow.. this sounds terrible.... were you able to do warranty work on your model at all?

So I called Forest River and talked to a very nice ladie and at first she told me I had to take it into a dealer so then I said look you guys had just built this model in May and I bought it the July 4 and only had used it 1 time and I said I don’t feel like I should have to take it to a dealer I said you guys need to send someone to my house to fix..well at first she said ok look if you find someone who can do the warranty work then we will pay I said ok so I called a guy and he came to look at the air conditioning unit he was up their for 5 min came back down and said the compressor had locked up and needed to be replaced so he called all the warehouses and no one had any instock...they told him it would be November or December so and I also called a dealer and they said the same thing so we are just stuck so we are just trying to make the best of it...
Old 09-04-2020, 06:40 AM   #9

We bought ours just over a year ago and really like it. It was tough because we where downsizing from a 40' raptor. Very little issue's. They main problem we had was a staple that was put into the carpet on the slide tore the flooring. It's under warranty so they are going to replace it. Otherwise we have had very good luck and everything works good. We haul a Polaris general and it's a tight fit but it works.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
We bought ours just over a year ago and really like it. It was tough because we where downsizing from a 40' raptor. Very little issue's. They main problem we had was a staple that was put into the carpet on the slide tore the flooring. It's under warranty so they are going to replace it. Otherwise we have had very good luck and everything works good. We haul a Polaris general and it's a tight fit but it works.

Yeah we really like this hauler like you said it’s a tight fit lol but it works
Old 09-20-2020, 11:39 AM   #11

This is a model we are looking at for the spring. Well, my wife likes this one, but she isn't the one who backs it up or tows it lol. How does it tow? We have a 2012 3/4 Ton Diesel to pull it, so i'll have plenty of truck to do.
OutlanderWolfPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlanderWolfPup View Post
This is a model we are looking at for the spring. Well, my wife likes this one, but she isn't the one who backs it up or tows it lol. How does it tow? We have a 2012 3/4 Ton Diesel to pull it, so i'll have plenty of truck to do.

It tows great I have a ton truck dually 6.0 it’s hitch heavy you will most definitely need sway bars if I had a choice I’d go with the fifth wheel just because it will ride better on the axle of the truck.... but for what it is you can’t beat what it comes with and with the price either..any other questions let me know we are finally taking our toyhauler to do warranty work next weekend
Old 09-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #13

Quote:
It tows great I have a ton truck dually 6.0 it’s hitch heavy you will most definitely need sway bars if I had a choice I’d go with the fifth wheel just because it will ride better on the axle of the truck.... but for what it is you can’t beat what it comes with and with the price either..any other questions let me know we are finally taking our toyhauler to do warranty work next weekend
thank you for the reply! One question.. well two.. lol.. What is the inside height at the door? The toy we are looking at getting (well one of the two we are looking at) is a staggering 83" tall. With the benches folded up we will have lots of room as far as width goes, but i'm worried about height at the door opening. When/if you get a chance could you get it for me?
OutlanderWolfPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlanderWolfPup View Post
thank you for the reply! One question.. well two.. lol.. What is the inside height at the door? The toy we are looking at getting (well one of the two we are looking at) is a staggering 83" tall. With the benches folded up we will have lots of room as far as width goes, but i'm worried about height at the door opening. When/if you get a chance could you get it for me?

Yes I will get you a measurement this evening
Old 10-19-2020, 08:14 AM   #15
*~New Beginnings~*

Talking Just an update--

--- I pulled the trigger and traded in the Flagstaff for the WolfPack... and it is freaking amazing!!!!! I love it!! I am glad everything worked out for the best and I ended up with the 2021 (with a ton of upgrades) vs. the 2020 model. *things happen for a reason*

I got it on Tuesday of last week .. and took the Toybox out on Thursday for its Maiden Voyage. The first couple days of getting her I struggled with the storage options... (the Flagstaff had an insane amount of storage!!!) But the more you have the more you horde..... so slowly.. I have tried to think differently...(Its just me that I need to pack for now) Having a rainy night in the camper last night.. I played around with different storage options.. the under the bed storage is HUGE!!!! Utilizing that for the stuff I don't use everyday has freed up the cabinets in the kitchen area.
I wish it wasnt October already-- so I could have the whole summer to enjoy...

it does have heated tanks... so maybe there will be some winter explorations.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:30 AM   #16

Quote:
--- I pulled the trigger and traded in the Flagstaff for the WolfPack... and it is freaking amazing!!!!! I love it!! I am glad everything worked out for the best and I ended up with the 2021 (with a ton of upgrades) vs. the 2020 model. *things happen for a reason*

I got it on Tuesday of last week .. and took the Toybox out on Thursday for its Maiden Voyage. The first couple days of getting her I struggled with the storage options... (the Flagstaff had an insane amount of storage!!!) But the more you have the more you horde..... so slowly.. I have tried to think differently...(Its just me that I need to pack for now) Having a rainy night in the camper last night.. I played around with different storage options.. the under the bed storage is HUGE!!!! Utilizing that for the stuff I don't use everyday has freed up the cabinets in the kitchen area.

I wish it wasnt October already-- so I could have the whole summer to enjoy...

it does have heated tanks... so maybe there will be some winter explorations.

Congratulations on the toy hauler you will love it...
Old 10-19-2020, 08:42 AM   #17
*~New Beginnings~*

So far... so good!!!

Haven't seen any potential issues... just yet! The door opening is the BEST in this weather.... whether there is EVER a toy in this camper... I LOVE this patio!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camp.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	241459   Click image for larger version

Name:	camp2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	542.1 KB
ID:	241460  

Old 10-19-2020, 10:57 AM   #18

Quote:
So far... so good!!!

Haven't seen any potential issues... just yet! The door opening is the BEST in this weather.... whether there is EVER a toy in this camper... I LOVE this patio!!!!!!

Our toyhauler is still in the shop getting the issues fixed on it we have took ours out 5 times and we just have fell in love with it..I just have to over look the issues but as far as what they cost you get so much more with these than the other models...by the way I like the flag pole haha
Old 10-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhedrick1318 View Post
our toyhauler is still in the shop getting the issues fixed on it we have took ours out 5 times and we just have fell in love with it..i just have to over look the issues but as far as what they cost you get so much more with these than the other models...by the way i like the flag pole haha

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4484.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	241470[attach]241470Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4486.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	456.6 KB
ID:	241471[/attach]
Old 10-19-2020, 02:19 PM   #20
*~New Beginnings~*

I am so sorry you are still having issues... that sucks.... but I am glad you have fallen in love with it!!!! And thanks on the flag pole!!

Quote:
Our toyhauler is still in the shop getting the issues fixed on it we have took ours out 5 times and we just have fell in love with it..I just have to over look the issues but as far as what they cost you get so much more with these than the other models...by the way I like the flag pole haha