Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #1

25RR mods pics

Who doesn't want to do solar. I won't bore you with the details but this was one serious pain in the butt. What I wanted was for it to be an awning to cover the ramp which would act as a deck. What I did worked but it was not for the feint of heart at all. This took a long time to think through the problems and complete.

I have two more panels that will go on it. Just haven't gotten them attached yet. It is yet another redneck engineering job I have to work on because they will swing over on top of the two in the middle. Thus protecting them and keeping them from hanging out past the camper while going down the road. I've figured out how to do it, just need to get motivated.
apollumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #2

See,,, instant shade. I'll cover the gap between the solar panels and camper with some kind of material. Two more solar panels wide and I'll have good shade. Plus a lot of stares.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #3

I totally redid the back of the camper which leaves the bench seats up the vast majority of the time. What to do with them damn cushions?? I know, buy some memory foam off of Amazon and build me one very very comfy bed. My girlfriend has back problems and I do also. We both sleep just fine on this and interestingly enough the cushions fit perfectly.

Didn't have to throw the cushions out and viola, instant comfy bed. The thing on the right is my dresser equivalent. Got it from Lowes and is meant for a closet. So it's kinda shallow. Perfect.

I also have an inflatable queen sized bed. Just in case.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #4

This started out just going to be a mount for a TV in the front bed area. Since I was having so much fun staining and putting polyurethane on any wood I could get my hands on I got carried away. Now it's a 24" smart tv with blueray player and with a laptop and with speakers/subwoofer combo. Came out real nice. Sounds and looks real good.

I decided to go all out after somebody gave me a laptop. Might was well have instant information gratification going on.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #5

I was going for comfy and ease of use. Accomplished both pretty well. I have been thinking of abandoning my current network admin life and go do something else with the money I have saved. Or, hide in the desert and wait for Vladamir Putin to launch some nukes because he's tired of Nato member nations messing with his energy revenue by way of former satellite countries.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #6

I had laid a piece of finished wood on the carpeted wheel area and thought "Wait a second, that could look good". And bam, a place to put some shoes in style was borne.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #7

Found some cheap butterfly chairs at Walmart. They weighed nothing and were damn comfy. If they were comfy by their own right they could only be more comfy with some cushions. The bench seat hurt my butt when sitting for long periods (like watching a movie). It was uncomfortable. This is much much better. I have fallen asleep in them twice.

In between them is a storage container with a finished piece of wood on it. Makes a good table and very stable. Plus holds a lot of stuff. Perfect height for putting a plate of food on also.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #8

There is a lot of technology in the camper. But I wanted it very liveable and I like to cook. I decided to put pots and pans where the blueray player and other technology was before. If you peek under the bottom shelf you'll see it is absolutely full of ethernet cables, HDMI cables, etc.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #9

The little basket is great for dropping billfold, phone, keys, etc onto as you come in. The dragonfly hooks hold a coat or other article of clothing real nice.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #10

A look at the TV while facing the chairs. The shelf to the left is where I'll put my all powerful alienware netbook (very fast). The netbook can power the monitors on the desk but it can also be hooked to the TV if I wish.

I do a lot of work on computers. So a workstation with three monitors was a must. Being able to face that little TV anywhere in the camper was a must also. Time to make me a complex curry dish from a Youtube video.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #11

Moved the paper towel holder a couple times. It was where the TV is now. Got to thinking and this was the perfect place for it. Functional and out of the way.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #12

I wanted the TV to be able to face back towards the kitchen area. That was so I could connect it to a laptop and read any cooking instruction or watch cooking videos. Of course, I can work in the kitchen and just watch TV, movie, etc also whilst cooking.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #13

This pic shows a little more of the computer desk and the subwoofer on the floor. I bought a speaker system back a while ago for the bedroom flatscreen. It had the best reviews of a speaker system for a computer and as they say it sounds very impressive. It could make the floor joists of the house thump but the rest of the audio range was good to. I had my girfriend listen to it in the camper and the first time I turned it up (halfway) her eyes got big. It's not like you say "Hey, that thing has a little bass". More like "Can you give CPR with that thing!?".

The white piece in behind the subwoofer is a dryer vent. I'm sure other people got tired of heating the bottom of the bench seat also. I know I did. The vent was cheap and after I whittled the plastic out of the way with a dremel tool it fit perfect. Does a good job of getting the air forward also without major work.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #14

This is the desk with the sconce lights on. The lights look really good and are LED bulbs. Matter of fact all the lights are LED in the RV. The bench seat can actually still be a bench seat pretty easy. My desk is attached to the bottom of it. I didn't want to remove or heavily modify the bench seats so I thought of a way to work around and with them.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #15

You can get everything you want at Alice's Restaurant. No, wait, Walmart. No, wait, Chinamart.

Bathroom shelf. The wood is some left over oak plywood I had from making the bed entertainment center. Just in case anybody is still reading, the stain is pecan polyshades, two coats. Purchased at Walmart. The shelf was purchased at Wallyworld also from the bath area.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #16

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics. If you want any details about how I did something let me know and I'll try to repsond.
Old 05-02-2023, 10:09 AM   #17

I can not see any pictures on any of these posts....
MarcR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 10:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcR View Post
X2 No pictures...........

I have no use or need for solar and don't want it (Back to your 1st post).

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 07:21 AM   #19

I have a 25rrt and would love to see the photos. Some of the descriptions are interesting but don't make sense without photos.

I'm planning a big update to mine in the spring where I pull out the seating in the cargo area and I'm going to run e-track rails along the length of both sides all the way through the kitchen. Then I'm looking to get a pair of new jacknife sofas from RB Components and weld them to e-track mounts. This will let me reconfigure the camper depending on what I'm using it for. My son is into kart racing so it would be nice to move one sofa up to the kitchen area and leave the entire cargo section open. They also fold up without needing to remove the pads. I can remove one if not needed and I have a cargo trailer for local races that I could even move one into.

I'm probably going to rent a FLIR camera from Home Depot and use it to mark all the stud locations to make sure I hit all of them.

I've done a bunch of other updates like making a smaller cover for the electronics in the cabinet over the sink, making organizers for the 2 drawers, new wood and lift supports under the bed and a slide out for the cargo compartment.

Keep sharing the mods!
n0m4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 07:48 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcR View Post
This thread is 9 years old and the OP hasn't been back since.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications