Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
I was born and raised in Bangor, Maine. Lived there off and on for 30+ years, respite while in the USAF. I know your pain with the cold and snow. We moved down here 13 years ago And I still tell my wife we did not move far enough south. I do like the shorter winters here.
I hear ya, wasn't so bad after 3 1/2 yrs. in Iceland but now it's getting old. South of the Red River is starting to look charming ~
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #22

Extxn, there's one other thing you can do to save a little cash. I made the deal for my '17 Trike and the best I could get was $4,000 off list price. Before cash was traded I insisted on bringing my trailer to the dealer to check for fit.

When first loading it in the parking lot (asphalt) the mufflers immediately started to drag when the front wheel was about 18 or so inches up the ramp. Solved the problem by raising the ramp seven inches (backed up to a curb). When I told the dealer it would probably cost $5-600 bucks to modify the door I was offered an additional $400 discount. Done deal.

The fix was much easier than I expected. Point is, take your trailer to the dealer before completing the deal. The fit might work just fine, or you could negotiate a little more discount to compensate for the cost of modifying the loading method.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Extxn, there's one other thing you can do to save a little cash. I made the deal for my '17 Trike and the best I could get was $4,000 off list price. Before cash was traded I insisted on bringing my trailer to the dealer to check for fit.

When first loading it in the parking lot (asphalt) the mufflers immediately started to drag when the front wheel was about 18 or so inches up the ramp. Solved the problem by raising the ramp seven inches (backed up to a curb). When I told the dealer it would probably cost $5-600 bucks to modify the door I was offered an additional $400 discount. Done deal.

The fix was much easier than I expected. Point is, take your trailer to the dealer before completing the deal. The fit might work just fine, or you could negotiate a little more discount to compensate for the cost of modifying the loading method.
Thanks again for your insight, may have to add your addy to my quick locator ~ LOL. The situations you've been through with this is much better than me making all those mistakes myself.
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote