Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 08:58 PM   #61

Well as luck would have it, apparently I misunderstood the dealer and it is being built May 4, not shipped May 4th. Not a big deal, but now that I have too much time on my hands in the evenings it has had me 2nd guessing myself and researching more toy haulers. The 27RR still looks to be the best bang for the buck and one of the few with a garage deep enough for our RZR. Now to learn patience.................LOL
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:23 AM   #62

I'm not positive but I think the cargo ramp is only rated for 1600 lbs. I believe you said in a previous post the Desert Edition rzr weighs 1700 lbs.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I'm not positive but I think the cargo ramp is only rated for 1600 lbs. I believe you said in a previous post the Desert Edition rzr weighs 1700 lbs.
It's easy enough to lighten the little piggy up. LOL We put a custom cage on it a few weeks back and therefore ditched the spare tire and spare tire carrier and also use a Yeti and a Action Packer in the bed of it that can certainly be transported in the bed of the truck instead. That 'should' have me real close to 1600 lbs. (or at least until I put 32" Roctanes on it. LOL
Old 04-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #64

So I discovered last night that gel coat exterior walls IS a option and looks GREAT! Call my local dealer today and it's too late to change the order now.................................

I wish I had discovered the gel coat option 2 weeks ago.......

He is willing to stock the one that is coming in and order me another one, but then I would have to wait till mid June to receive it and that ain't going to happen. LOL Me and my instant gratification addiction!
Old 05-01-2015, 07:51 AM   #65

When I bought mine I looked into that option as I really liked the appearance. However I found
the additional weight of the gelcoat option reduces the overall load capacity of the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:57 PM   #66

The load capacity is not affected very much. Mine only changed 100 pounds. I have not seen many of them like. I am glad I chose that option.

Two new questions from a new owner. On the 27RR how do you manually crank in the awning and how do you manually crank in the slide out. I have not had to do this, but reading other forums, others have. Anyone out there with a 27RR know how to do this. Also, I understand you can manually crank the electric jack up front. However, I can not find that either. I think it is under the circular level on the jack. I need to remove it because it is useless anyway, to see if I can find it.
Rhoadzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoadzie View Post
The load capacity is not affected very much. Mine only changed 100 pounds. I have not seen many of them like. I am glad I chose that option.

Two new questions from a new owner. On the 27RR how do you manually crank in the awning and how do you manually crank in the slide out. I have not had to do this, but reading other forums, others have. Anyone out there with a 27RR know how to do this. Also, I understand you can manually crank the electric jack up front. However, I can not find that either. I think it is under the circular level on the jack. I need to remove it because it is useless anyway, to see if I can find it.
Not that is matters at this point, but what is the 'posted' ccc on your toy hauler?

As for manual use of things, ours should be in by the end of next week. When we take delivery I will find out and let you know how its done.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:03 PM   #68

ITs not parked here at my house. I will share with your tomorrow as I am going over there to do a little prep for next weekend.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #69

Is it safe to ASSUME these are built on 5200lb axles? I'm really not looking to overload the crap out of ours the first day, but we will be at max weight at all times when towing. I guess I am still nervous that one of the most affordable toy haulers is the ONLY toy hauler that really fits our needs. LOL I guess I need to relax and enjoy it when it finally gets here.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:40 PM   #70

It arrived at the local dealer today!!! Got to go through it and check it out. Very pleased! They will PDI it Monday AM so we can pick it up Monday afternoon.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #71

Great! I'm camping in mine Right now

I'm camping in our right now. No major problems. I do have a slight leak in the dragon at the Machen sink that I have to repair. I also had an issue with some water when I used the black tank flush last time. We'll look for where that is coming from when we flush this time. All problems minor and easily fixed. Very happy with the quality.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #72

Quote:
I'm camping in our right now. No major problems. I do have a slight leak in the dragon at the Machen sink that I have to repair. I also had an issue with some water when I used the black tank flush last time. We'll look for where that is coming from when we flush this time. All problems minor and easily fixed. Very happy with the quality.

Good to hear! We are heading out 5/21 with ours. Our sticker shows a cargo capacity of 2134lbs so we should be in good shape.

I've read a lot of stuff on here about tire speed rating for the trailer. So is it safe to assume that 75mph is a big no no with the radial tires that came on it?
Old 05-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #73

The tires are rated for 75mph, but for several reasons I just keep the speed at about 65 mph. The TV prefers it and makes for a relaxing trip and better gas mileage.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #74

Quote:
The tires are rated for 75mph, but for several reasons I just keep the speed at about 65 mph. The TV prefers it and makes for a relaxing trip and better gas mileage.
Are you running a external surge protector or do the Grey Wolfs have one factory installed already?

Thank you for all your help with all my dumb questions. I really appreciate every ones help and input!!!
Gil
Old 05-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #75
RiderBloke

You need to add a surge protector as I did with my 26RR. I built in a Progressive one and enjoy watching the meter as it reads the amps etc. can't be stolen, forgotten, or lost when it's built in.
So far our "Gunyah" has performed flawlessly in our driveway. 😏 hope that continues when I take It away this week - just a few miles away. Haven't got all the extras and changes finished yet but it's coming along.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #76

Surge protector

You should have your own surge protector. I haven't gotten mine yet. But my camping experience days the campground electric is iffy at best.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:43 PM   #77

It's home, it's plugged up and we are packing 2 tons of crap in there. LOL
I was amazed at how well it towed and how maneuverable it really is. I have no place to turn it all around other than my yard and it was really easy and un-eventful getting in position where I wanted it. So far so good and nothing broke or burned down yet. LOL
Old 05-16-2015, 05:37 AM   #78

Congrats! We are still getting familiar with its but love it!
Old 05-16-2015, 09:07 PM   #79

Water has been connected and on all day-no leaks so far. WOOT WOOT The plywood sheets for the bed were about to fall through and take out the hot water heater-that has now been modified / strengthened and repaired. Added a shower tension pole to the tub for a place for soap, shampoo and all that stuff, added the screens to all the exterior vent panels to keep bugs, mice, and snakes out, added a memory foam mattress topper. modified the top drawer at sink to hold a silverware tray and be able to set it in and out and still put other stuff in drawer under it, added a toilet paper holder, paper towel holder, digital antennae for local stations if the weather gets bad. I think I want to get really creative and make some drawers under the dinette benches where the storage is. Open the storage doors and have a slide out drawer so you can get to the crap that slides to the back.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #80

Well we headed out early this AM, drove 6 hours, set up, and all is good and appears to be working good. Loving the 27RR!!! Here at WindRock OHV Park the 27RR looks like a little toy next to all the Voltage and other high end 5th wheel toy haulers.........

Oh well, its just my wife and I and 1 of our dogs. The 27RR is all we need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WR 1.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	77655   Click image for larger version

Name:	WR 2.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	77656  

Tags