Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #1

Apollumi 25RR Batteries

I needed better battery capacity than the anemic battery that came with the camper for my soon to launch solar project. I know, I know,, the trojans are best but I couldn't find any close so I settled for Sams club. I got two of the top batteries (schedule 31C) for $109 each.

apollumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #2

Here they are mounted onto the front of the camper. They are 12v batteries hooked up in parallel. I connected the wires going back to the camper from the "+" and "-" on the inside where the two batteries meet.

It was a tight for the battery boxes. I ended up having to use a dremel tool to cut the handles off and trim the cable cover on the side. With both of those things done it just fit.

On a side note. Can somebody tell me what the liquid is all about on top of the battery boxes? I thought I was boiling the batteries but I opened the one on the left and it was bone dry on the inside. Errr, it was cold outside and I had hooked up shore power to charge the batteries an hour or so before. Maybe steam condensate? It kinda has me worried. And why only form on the outside holes. Hmmmmm....
Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #3

So after Herk pointed out to me buying truck batteries for a camper was a bit down syndrome I did the only smart thing and took a vacation day, drove 130+ miles, and bought me some trojans. Thinking about changing my alias here to Trojan Man.

Tags
battery