Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #41
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Hello USMC0369,

Don't you just LOVE the Outpost RV in Elkhart? did you find them here or on e-bay? Kyle and Earl ROCK!!! Made it soooo easy and nice. We stayed there for several days for a 'shake down" and fix anything that may need to be fixed or adjusted.

They also had the best prices around.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #42

USMC0369:
Ask Kyle to order you the sewer storage pipe that is at least 64". I haven't had any luck with the "tube" that came with the 19RR. All sewer hoses that I have found are at least 56" and the "tube" that comes with the 19RR is 46". So, ask if he can replace the 46" with the 64" E-Z Hose Carrier. They come in 26", 46" and 64". The E-Z Hose Carrier that is standard for the 19RR (2012) is 46". Also, you can get a better price on the necessary stuff at Walmart and Camping World for less than the price in IN.
HDFLST/USN
HDFLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #43

Thanks for the advice guys.

Yes to everything Campnqueen. It was the post I read hear that helped me to make my decision to buy the Camper on Ebay (as well as Kyle and Earl's feedback) I plan on sticking around for a day or so to take care of any warranty work as well. Do you have any advice on what to look out for, or to look at?

Thanks HDFLST I will make sure I do that, (added to my check list). I plan to crawl all over that thing like a spider monkey! ha ha. I just wish I knew more potential problems to look for. You guys are great and I just love the positive energy in this thread. Thanks!
USMC0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #44

I too have just purchased the 19RR. It looks like it will work great for me, but......I quickly discovered the ramp issue trying to load my Road King. I read some of the different ideas that people have had but would appreciate more details and maybe some photos of solutions. I'm a gotta see it kind of guy.....Thanks to all of you for all the information on this thread. It's fantastic.
Chipd872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #45

Will let you know after this weekend. Will be trying out the $49.00 ramp from Lowe's with an elevated ramp to lessen the angle coming in to the garage area. Kickstand springs may be cheap but they're a pain in the backside to install. Besides they tear up the diamond plate in the treailer.

Will post some pics after this coming weekend.

Sportster
...off we go now
hd87sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #46

We are still waiting for our specific delivery date from The OutPost RV. We put our deposit down 5 weeks ago (mid March) and Earl contacted us today that he feels ours will be made in the next 10 production days (2 weeks). We may have caused our own delay by ordering a specific interior color and we were trying to order it with the optional faux wood floor that was available in the 2011 models. In 2012, faux wood is not available and the only other floor available is a black heavy duty floor like they put in the Wolf Pup series. We decided to go with the standard faux tile floor since the black was too utilitarian. So since we tried ordering those things, we may have caused our delivery to take longer versus just getting one that Earl and Kyle have coming in (I think they purchase several at a time). We are still hoping we will drive up to Indiana and pick ours up mid May. I heard from Stargazerandu that they were picking their's up this week.

I agree with USMC0369, if any current owners have had issues with specific areas of the 19RR, it sure would be good to have a list of things to check out when we arrive. Rather have the OutPostRV correct any mistakes than have to take it to a local Forest River Dealer and explain why I did not purchase it from them.

We also ordered the range hood over the stove and opt'ed for adding electric strips in the A/C so we can heat with the campground's electric versus using the gas furnace. Not sure if these two options also added to the delivery time, but I thought Earl told me both of these were options could be added at the dealer.

Earl told me today that Forest River is making 50 19RR's a DAY! or 250 a week and they are currently back ordered at 2000 units (8 weeks). I would say they are selling like hot cakes.
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
opt'ed for adding electric strips in the A/C so we can heat with the campground's electric versus using the gas furnace.
Might be worth talking to the dealer about an A/C conversion for the hot water heater too. It would be nice to use gas to bring up to temp, then use A/C to keep it there. On my wish list anyway.

Welcome new and future 19rr owners.
HDCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #48

Thanks HDCliff.

Actually all the models that Earl and Kyle sell at the OutPost RV already come with the dual power water heater (Gas or Electric). So at this point if we use campgrounds the only propane we will use is for cooking and running the fridge while on the road.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #49

Thanks for the advice guys.

I was looking at the short waste hose storage tube, under the coach, that was mentioned earlier. That is a short storage tube! Thanks for the advice! I will get that sucker changed for sure.

I have a 19rr at a dealership close to me that I can look at. Picking mine up in June. I went out there to try to get a hitch hight, so I can set up my weight distribution hitch.

The Coach was not level but I figured about 24inches from the ground to the top of the ball coupler? Does that seem about right?

Thanks all!
USMC0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #50

19RR Toy Hauler ramp

I have been thinking about buying the 19RR toy hauler, especially since it is more light weight than a lot of toy haulers out there. I will have a 2008 HD Heritage Cycle that I will have to load and I have read the problems of loading. I wanted to find out if anyone has bought a additional ramp to load their Cycle and if it worked well, what size and brand of ramp. I have never owned a trailer or toy hauler, so this will be my first adventure. Thanks for any help.
JimCopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #51

Will be test-hopping a new set up this weekend and will let you know.
Basically I got one at Lowe's for $50. Its a bi-fold kind of thing, two sections, each at roughly 4 ft each. Am going to try and brace up the end of the ramp and bridge it w/ the Lowe's ramp. Will let you know how that flies.

Sportster
...lest ye gouge yer diamond plate...like i did
Old 05-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #52

Welcome Jim.
I would not call loading a problem, rather an issue that raises some concerns.
I have never had a problem loading and unloading the road king, yet it makes me a little uncomfortable. If that makes sense..
I have chosen to go this route, the 9' version.
Black Widow Motorcycle Ramp Systems
However, I am on back order until the end of the month. So I will not be able to provide any feedback for you until next month.
It has been more about riding than hauling this spring.

Please don't let an issue that consumes 15 minutes of your weekend stop you from your purchase. This is truly a great TH and a perfect first time experience. At least for me anyway. Seems like no matter what you do, there will always be issues to overcome. At this stage of life, it has become part of the fun for me.

Ride Safe
Cliff
HDCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #53

Thanks Sportster and Cliff for you post. I will be waiting for your feedback. I was planning on getting a toy hauler sometime between now and the end of this year and I liked the 19RR, because of its light weight.
Thanks again,
Jim
Old 05-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #54

I'm looking forward to hearing how that ramp solution works for you also. Haven't had the TH out yet but looking forward to it.
Chipd872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #55

Have any of you tried out your ramp solution in loading your motorcycle into the toy hauler? I am still deciding where to buy or not on the 19RR.
thanks,
Jim
Old 05-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #56

Hi Everyone. It's Thursday, May 19, and Lucille and I are at the Outpost RV center staying in our new Grey Wolf 19RR tonight and Friday Night. We arrived today and took delivery and tomorrow they will be installing the load/sway control hitch on our Sequoia. We will leave Saturday Morning for our 2 day drive back to Florida.

As we settle in for our first night, our first question for you other 19RR owners is where did you mount your toilet paper roll holder? We noticed it does not come with one. If any of you have installed one, please let us know where, or better yet send photos.

I have a list of questions/concerns ready for Earl and Gary (service manager) for the morning. I am sure we will have more questions until we get our trailer home Sunday evening.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 05-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #57

@ Jim.
Nope - Too darned rainy. Haven't even taken the BIKE out for cryin out loud...which is a whole nother thin to piss me off!!

@heyTomgraywolf - We went to WallyMart and got a countertop paper towel spool and put it right to the left behind the toilet.
Here's what else we "modified".
We went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got a $200 self inflating aerobed. Beats the DAYLIGHTS out of the matress that's in there.
Walmart for foldable/stackable shelfes for the for the pantry behind the stove area.
Also sh*t canned the bunk matress in exchange for plastic storage baskets for shoes, leathers, clothes. Also got a three-drawer thingy from Walmart for the nook down by the corner of the bed.

Amazon.com and search for "kitchen organizer" - that'll get you off to a good start. Also bought the wasp protectors for the stove vents outside.
Also use the big, heavy table that comes w/ the trailer for outdoor use up next to the trailer under the awning. Use TV trays instead.

ALSO - Go get some of those seating cubes from Target. Their like hassocks (footrests) but they've got storage in em. (dual purpose) Xtra seating and storage too!

The RV dealer will give you the catalog and turn ya loose. We use the catalog and see where else we can get the stuff at prices that are half of whats in their book.

We've been out twice and had a ball both times - even on the "shake-down" weekend. You'll love it! If you ride - just watch the clearance on the ramp. I'm one kickstand spring the lesser because of it!

Sportster
...ride safe - have fun!
Old 05-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #58

Congrats on the new toy, Tom!

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #59

Thanks for the suggestions Sportster. We don't have any plans for the bunk over the queen bed either. Have seen pictures of others that have the bins up there. I have a buddy that is a cabinet man, so I am planning to cut the bunk back about half-way and add some cabinet doors. That will take away a lot of the storage since the back half I leave is not very deep due to the curve of the front of the trailer, but we really liked how the older 2010 models had a folding bunk, but understood it was real flimsy and why FR probably made it large and permanent. We are thinking about a little shelf to the left of the bed too since there is an outlet there, but no where to set your cell phone to charge or your coffee. Also plan to work with the shelf over the couch and take the net off and make that look more finished with doors.

Thanks for the footrest/stool/storage idea. I figured we would have to look for something for if you have any guests for places to sit. I think I read that others had some nice folding chairs.

Maybe you can send me a picture of what a "Wasp Protector" is. When you say Stove Vents, did you get the optional Range Hood exhaust fan that has the flapper on the outside, or are you talking about the vents up on the roof, just above the stove, or the two round holes in a metal plate on the side for the furnace fresh air and exhaust? Lots of entry ways in these trailers for bugs and critters.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 05-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #60

Thumbs up

Hi Tom,
Congrats on your toy hauler. I haven't taken the spurge yet, be I might buy the same one too, before the year is over. I am in Mobile, AL, so if I buy from Outpost RV I will have a long trip. I found the same model in MS, about 100 miles away and for the same price, but they didn't have the extras like they do at Outpost.

Thanks Sportster for all the suggestions. If I get 19RR, I will know how to remodel it.

Thanks everyone.