Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #21

After contacting FR I found that the dealer had not even filed a warranty claim. So for FR to do anything I needed to take it to a FR service center so they could file said claim. Needless to say that just wound me up more. So after another nasty gram I got a email back from the owner saying that if I brought it up today they would put a new jack on it. I called and told them I would remove the jack and bring it to them as I didn't want to tow 70 miles one way just to install a jack.

I now have a new jack and it works so much better.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rich View Post
After contacting FR I found that the dealer had not even filed a warranty claim. So for FR to do anything I needed to take it to a FR service center so they could file said claim. Needless to say that just wound me up more. So after another nasty gram I got a email back from the owner saying that if I brought it up today they would put a new jack on it. I called and told them I would remove the jack and bring it to them as I didn't want to tow 70 miles one way just to install a jack.

Pretty common tactic by dealers, blame the manufacturer for everything when THEY are the problem.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rich View Post

Once again, why not tell us the name of the dealer and save some other poor soul from having to deal with such the Jerk?
Old 05-05-2018, 07:34 AM   #24

Reading these posts reinforces my decision to buy a gently used one owner 2015 233s from a private seller. He disclosed the 3 very minor issues that the dealer fixed when it was new and so far the camper has been flawless.
My17Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Once again, why not tell us the name of the dealer and save some other poor soul from having to deal with such the Jerk?
Gateway RV in Collinsville Il. They did eventually replace it but not with out some nasty emails back and forth and three trips 70 miles one way to get it resolved. I would like to think that they think I damaged it and wanted them to pay for my mistake. This is not the case. Like I stated in earlier post I noticed it was acting different from units I had in the past and should have said something when I took delivery. At the time I was so aggravated with the PDI and the fact the unit was so poorly cleaned and no one seem to know where the water pump was and a host of other things.

After they supposedly PDI the unit again when I went to pick it up for a trip I was going on I couldn't get the frig to light so I could get it cooled down. As it turns out there was a loose wire on the ignitor. So much for checking stuff out. The interesting thing is the frig worked great before I took it in.

I suspect if you ask them I am the customer from hell.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #26

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on having them install slide toppers on my rig. I now think that I do not want them anywhere near my rig.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #27

We had a similar issue years ago and I contacted FR and they shipped a new jack to me. I had to do the install but it was better than driving a 100 miles to the dealership.
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by My17Ram View Post
Reading these posts reinforces my decision to buy a gently used one owner 2015 233s from a private seller. He disclosed the 3 very minor issues that the dealer fixed when it was new and so far the camper has been flawless.
I wholeheartedly agree. OUr current camper we bought from a dealer, but it was one local owner, we talked to them before purchasing the camper and they told us all about it.

All of those "factory Goofs" were taken care of long before we got it.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:05 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Have forest river reimburse you the cash of the jack and buy a good one on amazon. The lippert jacks are junk.
I second this. The LPI tongue jacks are garbage. I had the drive gear shatter on my Grey Wolf. Crappy, porous, pot metal gear. Just shattered to pieces after a year (so no warranty repair). Replaced with a Barker and was much happier. Not sure what the best flavor of the day is on them now, but anything was better than the POS it came with.
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsgtivr6 View Post
I second this. The LPI tongue jacks are garbage. I had the drive gear shatter on my Grey Wolf. Crappy, porous, pot metal gear. Just shattered to pieces after a year (so no warranty repair). Replaced with a Barker and was much happier. Not sure what the best flavor of the day is on them now, but anything was better than the POS it came with.
It has a Ram jack on it. I had the same on my Work & Play and it worked fine. And that unit had 1700# of tongue weight empty.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #31

Rich, It's been a few weeks and only a short street over since I have spoken to Todd. When was last time you chatted with my "slimmer than few" buddy? Seems he has been having trouble with his toy hauler. Did you go with him last month?
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Rich, It's been a few weeks and only a short street over since I have spoken to Todd. When was last time you chatted with my "slimmer than few" buddy? Seems he has been having trouble with his toy hauler. Did you go with him last month?
Yah I was there. I saw the axle problem he was having. I have never seen a spring pack that didn't have the bolt through the center for locating in the spring perch.

Tags
dealer, fuse