Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2021, 05:50 PM   #1

Dining table questions

I purchased a Wolfpack 23 pack 15 recently and after taking it out on 2 trips I have found that the folding table sucks with 2 toddlers. Has anyone mounted a table that is removable with the 2 post that insert into the ground and a table top? Most trailers and RVís come with. Is this possible to do in this unit? Will this void warranty just something I am thinking about for a fix instead of that cheap folding table for a dining table.
fishingkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:16 PM   #2

Should be easy enough to do. Poles slip into a base that is screwed into the floor. Only couple of things to be mindful of. Get screws that grab the floor but don't go all the way through as to allow moisture to wick up into the floor, or if table is in a slide, the screws do not scratch anything during the movement.
Only issue on warranty would be if they could prove the adding of those brackets caused the failure you would be reporting.
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:57 AM   #3

If you mount your table the way you are thinking make sure you leave clearance between the table edge and the window (assuming your rig has a window there) so that when traveling the table does not vibrate and hit the window. One of the reasons for the fold down table I pull mine an inch or so away but don't fold it down when traveling. I have also found the table handy (can be moved) when I have had larger guests over for dinner good luck. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #4

Hereís a picture of the cheesy table setup we have
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	989296B3-BE79-450E-B8FB-B92F9BD4F627.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	266359  
fishingkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #5

I would pull the folding legs off that table and install the kind you see on boats with the removable upright leg that fits into top and bottom holders. good luck JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #6

I would just make or buy a better movable table. I really donít think youíll like a semi fixed table.
We like just moving the table to the right or left to get out to the deck.
But not sure if the booth seats flip up or down.
Also they sell the brackets and post online, but you need 3 to prevent wobble.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:24 PM   #7

Your not going to be able to have a dedicated dining area because of your models design. We leave our dining table setup but its located in a slide which is much more convenient. Have you considered a different model with a better layout? It takes a few trys to purchase the perfect RV.
krazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 11:39 AM   #8

I agree. The table isn't wide enough to be able to reach it conveniently from both sides. The table doesn't seam to be designed wide enough and isn't real stable. . Plus it sits crooked with the back leg sitting lower than the front because of the dovetail. Our floor slopes down and the tables sits crooked. I actually thought I received the wrong table with our 24pack14.
Badger_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 11:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_71 View Post
I agree. The table isn't wide enough to be able to reach it conveniently from both sides. The table doesn't seam to be designed wide enough and isn't real stable. . Plus it sits crooked with the back leg sitting lower than the front because of the dovetail. Our floor slopes down and the tables sits crooked. I actually thought I received the wrong table with our 24pack14.

I made a 16Ē wide plywood wedge to level the floor at the dovetail, just wide enough for the leg ,scrap plywood not fastened. This allows the table to be pushed up against the ramp wall. Also easy to move when loading the toys.
Old 12-14-2021, 11:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
I made a 16” wide plywood wedge to level the floor at the dovetail, just wide enough for the leg ,scrap plywood not fastened. This allows the table to be pushed up against the ramp wall. Also easy to move when loading the toys.
I did the same. Made a little wedge that the leg sits in a grove and levels the table. But the original poster has little kids, this actually makes the table even more unstable.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:02 PM   #11

I saw on guy that built a table that mounted to wall under the window. He used fold down hinges so it laid flat against the wall. Flipped it up for camping and folded it down for hauling. You could just pull up some chairs to that table and theys have a great window view too. It's on Facebook in a group called "Wolf Pack *Travel Trailer* Toy Hauler Owners". Look it up, there are a lot of helpful people and tips on there. The table was built by a guy named Mario. If you do a search in that group, for his name, the post should show up.

A 2nd group I am in is called "Wolf Pack toy hauler owners", Both groups are very helpful for a lot of things, from winterizing, leveling, storage, etc.

Tags
question, questions