Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 03:07 PM   #1

Grey Wolf 22RR?

Awaiting delivery of my 2018 or 2019 22RR from the factory to my local dealer.I haven't seen much about them good or bad since I started lookiing at them. I don't know if this a good thing or a bad thing? Does the dealer check the water system & drainage system for leaks does anybody know? How about if the water heater works on both propane & electric? Turn water on in shower & see if it leaks under the floor pan? Are all AC outlets working & DC LED Lights? Microwave Oven work? Propane stove work, at least the burners? All outside lights and stop, brake and running lights working and the trailer brake system stopping the trailer? Just wondering just how much gets checked BEFORE I tow it off the lot? Thanks
tomm1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #2

Just my personal experience!
The very most thing I would do is to climb up there and inspect the roof.
Additional 10K Haier Portal Generator
Recurve Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:11 AM   #3

Don't trust the dealer for anything, check it all out yourself.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #4

I just purchased a 2018 22rr. We are currently on our first trip with it and everything seems fine. The only thing you will have to do is put in a drain line for the fresh water tank. The stupid manufacturer didn't think things through, and put the drain cap over the back axle. So to drain the fresh water tank you have to crawl under the camper. I spent $15 on some pex line and quick connect connectors and valve. The only other complaint I have is the adjustment on the awning arms. The only way to push the pins in all the way is to take a phillips screwdriver or something of similar size to push in the pins far enough so you can adjust the arms. Everything else is working great.
Lucky713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:37 PM   #5

GreyWolf 22RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm1947 View Post
Awaiting delivery of my 2018 or 2019 22RR from the factory to my local dealer.I haven't seen much about them good or bad since I started lookiing at them. I don't know if this a good thing or a bad thing? Does the dealer check the water system & drainage system for leaks does anybody know? How about if the water heater works on both propane & electric? Turn water on in shower & see if it leaks under the floor pan? Are all AC outlets working & DC LED Lights? Microwave Oven work? Propane stove work, at least the burners? All outside lights and stop, brake and running lights working and the trailer brake system stopping the trailer? Just wondering just how much gets checked BEFORE I tow it off the lot? Thanks
Hi. I would not touch it with a barge pole. Biggest load of junk !!! After 2 trips the cabinets are fallen big apart, and I have a little bug list of issues. So much for Forrest River pricing themselves on “quality”. I would not recommend buying this camper at all. I have the photos to prove my valid issues. And am looking for the right channels to instigate a recall regarding a dangerous gas line.
Midford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:48 PM   #6
RV There Yet?

We purchased a 2018 17rp and love it. They all have their quirks that need to be worked out. Your dealer should walk you through everything and spend a significant amount of time with you. We asked LOTS of questions, even though this is not our first camper. Make a list of all that you want to check over. Make them check it and go through it with you. Our dealer had a service tech do the inspection, not a sales person. That was very helpful, they knew how it should work and could explain it. Don’t sign or accept delivery unless it is exactly the way you want it or you lose all of your leverage.
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:16 AM   #7

We purchased a 2016 22RR over 2 years ago and had not had a problem with it. It tows straight and true even with the 900lb Gold Wing in it. I did upgrade the tires to the load range D Goodyear Endurance. My only complaint was with the dealer and that had to do with dealer prep as far as cleaning up some debris from the manufacturing process, and the "walk around introduction" was not very thorough. Great TT!
Central PA
stustoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midford View Post
Hi. I would not touch it with a barge pole. Biggest load of junk !!! After 2 trips the cabinets are fallen big apart, and I have a little bug list of issues. So much for Forrest River pricing themselves on “quality”. I would not recommend buying this camper at all. I have the photos to prove my valid issues. And am looking for the right channels to instigate a recall regarding a dangerous gas line.
Would you mind sharing the issues besides the cabinets? The dangerous gas line is interesting as well. I own a 2016 22rr and fairly happy with it. Maybe i was lucky or you are unlucky with your particular model?
robcsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:33 AM   #9

Just bumping this thread as the 22RR is what we are looking at for our first TT/Toy Hauler camper coming from a small 4 Wheel pop-up camper.

2019 FR Cherokee Wolf Pack 24pack14+
2019 Ford F250SD 4 x 4, 6.2L
2015 DL1000A ADV
2017 DR-Z400 SM
2thdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:56 PM   #10

Your Toy Hauler!

If you have a Toy to put in your "Toy Hauler" it's fine for that. The only problem I've had is that the rear ramp is quite short and quite steep! I have to back my Can Am Spyder RT up the ramp to have room for it to fit. I'm not sure how well a four wheeler would fit. Enjoying mine!
tomm1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:15 AM   #11

Dirt bike and V-Strom so no problem with ramp...

2019 FR Cherokee Wolf Pack 24pack14+
2019 Ford F250SD 4 x 4, 6.2L
2015 DL1000A ADV
2017 DR-Z400 SM
2thdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #12

Can’t say I’ve got any problems with the ramp. Would be great to have bigger rubber blocks on so the end doesn’t get damaged. But that’s an easy fix mod.
Regarding the gas line position. Check where your gas line runs under your camper on the entrance side. Make sure the U bolt is not knocking on it. If so take it back to your dealership to move the line.
Fraser Valley RV has been fantastic in fixing all the issues I’ve had. I’m not impressed with Forestriver at all.
Midford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midford View Post
Midford,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences as a result of your concerns with your Grey Wolf. Please contact Makenzie Yoder in our service department by visiting this personalized link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

In order to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, please use this link to outline your concerns and Makenzie Yoder will respond within 24 hours.

Thank you,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:40 AM   #14

I have a 2017 22rr and I really like it. When I picked it up (winter of 2016) I took extra time inspecting the unit. I used a check list. The tech was a little annoyed but I'm glad I did it. There were a few spots on the exterior that needed more silicone, a few of the cabinet door hinges were loose and there was a small leak under the kitchen sink. They fixed everything and I was on my way. I have not had any problems after that ( Later on I did reinforce the shower floor ).

The unit I got does not have exterior gas line, exterior shower, power stabilizing jacks and the patio deck. I got a great deal on this unit which is why I bought it instead of ordering one with all the options. I purchased mine from Iowa (one-thousand miles away from me).

I would like to upgrade to a larger unit but that would also require upgrading my truck. I chose the 22rr because of the front bedroom and the ability to use the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom when traveling while the harley is inside.

My bike is lowered (I'm 5'7") and it was too steep. I attached three swing down leveling legs on the ramp door and use a 4" aluminum ramp. I got the idea from here

Forest River Grey Wolf 19RR Toy Hauler Ramp Extension | RVB Precision

Good luck with your unit and have fun
hogrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:43 AM   #15

We've had our 22rr for a couple of years now and love it. About the only thing that was wrong with it was that the outside shower handle had a little leak that's it. Great unit for us. Really satisfied with all the features and the practicality of a toy hauler for a pair of Honda Phantoms. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.
TxBlade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf