Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2016, 04:56 PM   #1

Hammock attachment point 26RR?

I'm looking for advice for the strongest point in the garage area to attach hammocks to. I know it has beds and we have air mattresses, but the kids love the hammocks. I'm leaning toward the rear entry doors being the strong point in the back. Now I need a place forward to attach to. the ceiling I feel just doesn't have the vertical strength and the walls are in the same boat horizontally.

I had an idea to run a cable from right to left attaching to the wall as near to the ceiling as possible then placing a tie in along the cable to clip into. This would share the load horizontal and vertical at the strongest point. Does any one know where the strongest point would be that may have double studs say in front of the side window or the A/C hole? I have not pulled down any walls to peek inside to see where roof members are or the wall studs are located.

Also looking for ideas to have one attaching point on the outside to. Many of the places we camp are wooded but attaching to the camper is an idea that might not be sound. Again looking to the rear entry door frame. God forbid you forget to unhook that!
rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Make a sub-frame inside....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:09 PM   #3

Have the kids use air matresses... In a tent... Then have them use the air mattresses in the camper, I am sure they will be OK with that... Have you seen the portable hammocks? Guide Gear Portable Folding Hammock - 172580, Hammocks at Sportsman's Guide They work great and do not take up that much room, not that long. And, you could use them outside. I have seen them at Samsclub and Costco, look for them in the spring.
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:23 PM   #4

Found this handy device when looking up the recommended internal frame ideas.
Hammock Hang Calculator - The Ultimate Hang
Looking into building a frame out of 80/20 material. Now I can plan for the load. This is doable.
rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:57 PM   #5

Not exactly a hammock but I just got these bunk beds for the kids to sleep in our 26rr.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GSA9O3O..._PWzDybZNAP614

Forgot to take a picture of it setup as a bunk bed but it does double as a couch. Fits perfectly over the wheel hump.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1484103153.721466.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	127844
Dmaster79 is offline   Reply With Quote