Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #1

kitchen faucet drips

Can I just change the faucet handle seals? and can it be done from the top? Thanks
5.7 litre Hemi 4x4
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage View Post
Can I just change the faucet handle seals? and can it be done from the top? Thanks
RV faucets can be repaired, but it is not worth the parts & labor to do it. They are junk. Best bet is to go to Lowes, Home Depot or Walmart and purchase a house type faucet and replace them. Kitchens use standard 8" centers, and bathrooms use 4" centers.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
Carknocker Family

Could just be trash on the valve seat. Turn off water and take valve apart. Mine had sawdust, wood shavings in it.
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
While mine did not drip, i could never get warm water for dishes. It was either cold, or full scalding hot. Took it apart, all was fine. Poor design I guess. Replaced it with an open box buy from Home Despot. $69.00. It has the drop down shower head, motion sensor for on/off, with an auto shutoff. Great for doing dishes and conserving water while boondocking. Made a 12 to 6 volt adapter tied into the camper power- $3.00. No batteries to worry about under the sink for the sensor. Although, those batteries are supposed to last for 2-3 years.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:24 PM   #5
Handyman

If it has the rubber seals and springs in it, you can buy them for a couple of bucks at Lowe's or Home depot. The rubber is probably etched. Normally, you: Turn off the water supply; take off the handle; take off the threaded collar holding in the cartridge; reach in with a narrow screw driver o similar and pop out the seal and spring. Reverse steps with new seal and spring. When you buy the seals, pick up a small tube of plumbers grease to coat the seal with before installing.
tfmdgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #6
RiderBloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage View Post

If it is the second single handle type (as in my 26RR) it uses a cartridge inside. There are several different cartridges - ask me how I know. But my drip turned out to be not the cartridge but the threads where the handle is screwed onto the tap. It is all plastic and the threads no look longer held against the spring tension.
I got a replacement unit as suggested by others (but from a Restore). I also got one for the bathroom but have not installed it yet.
Installing the thing was a whole different problem. Different thread sizes and the attachment under the sink had to be modified. I haven’t yet got it 100% secured. Oh! Yes! It also cost me a special tap pipe wrench.
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet