Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2016, 11:11 PM   #21

Trike ramp

Thanks dougn and rmac. I am getting a lot of good ideas. My wife has decided that we are getting the 26rr. Same ramp problem though. It will be a year or so and by then I will try to have gathered every ramp idea out there. I am thinking about using pieces of the different ideas to try to make the ultimate loading solution for low slung bikes and trikes. Mine should be about the same as the Lehman. I didn't realize that VTX is that low too. That's quite a hump. I looked at another brand that had the roof raised a foot and lowered 6" in the back to get a longer ramp, but the inside layout was really bad. I will keep looking at others solutions and whatever I come up with I will post on here whether it's better or worse. The more solutions to work from the better.
rvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #22

22RR ramp

Hi everyone! I just took delivery of my 22RR at the end of June. When I load or unload my Harley I raise the tongue jack as far as I can and then lower the rear stabilizer jacks to help support the rear end. I also bought 1 2x6 and cut it into 3 pieces. 2 of them are secured together which I put under the ramp with half of the width exposed. Then I put the remaining piece behind the other 2 so it's the first piece the bike touches when loading it. Basically this raise the ramp about 3" It works for me.
Guy
2018 Grey Wolf 22RR
2015 Nissan Titan 8 cylinder
goodguy is offline   Reply With Quote