Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #1

Rear screen - add-a-wall

All

My "new to me" 27DFWP did not have the optional rear add-a-wall/screen that can be used while leaving the back cargo door down. I have found that the manufacturer is CareFree and I have found some that are reasonably priced.

Would anyone care to provide me with some pics from the inside of your trailer that shows how this is mounted? This would help me understand how it is installed before actually purchasing it.

Also how frequently do you guys use this? How easy is it to utilized -setup and take down? I don't want to spend the money if it is something that won't get used or is a tremendous pain in the ass to use.

Thanks
Stacy
rsscoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Not sure if this will help but here's a link to their website showing that product. Good luck, Charlie

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv...asp?m=01020403

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Here's the installation manual.

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/pd...stallation.pdf

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #4

We have not used that product but regularly use the pull down screen on our rear ramp opening. Looking at the web site liturature it seems to be more setup than I care to deal with especially since there is no way of closing the ramp without taking down the screen room. We often use our separate garage as a bedroom or additional living space with the screen down.

Good luck
out4stlhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #5

Thanks Charlie but the product you linked to the the OUTBACK AWNING and not the Cargo Add-A-Wall. The Outback Awning looks cool but I have read that it is a PIA to set up and that most people end up not using it. Plus it is spendy - $800 to $1000 for the whole setup. More than I need and more than I want to spend.

This is what I am talking about and was an option on the WolfPack series of toy haulers http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv...asp?m=01020409

Unfortunately, there is no link for installation instructions, even if I go to the link on the Carefree website labeled "Customer Service" - they have some install docs there but not for the Add-A-Wall!
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv...asp?m=01010409

So if anyone has pictures of how it is mounted on the inside of your toyhauler, it would be appreciated. The nearest Forest River Cherokee dealer that has units on the lot is a couple hours away.

Thanks
Stacy
Old 01-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #6

I had the rear screen that came with my 98 Prowler which I purchased used. I see on the original purchase that it was ordered with the toy hauler when new. We had it for 3 years and were the third owners and the screen was still in the origin new unused condition. We never installed it. I think that they are one of those things that are great in thought but never or seldom get used. A buddy of mine got the add-a-room with his unit and we put it up once to see how it looked and that was 3 years ago and he never put it up again. Personally I think a waste of money. But thats my opinion.
krabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #7
Kat

Not sure if you are still considering the add-a-wall, but if you still need pics of it installed, I can get them for you. Ours arrived with it and we are chomping at the bit to put it to use. I love all the light I can get, so if it's not a pain we will be using it.
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #8

Kat,

That would be awesome. I bought one from eBay for $50 but haven't mounted it yet as I wanted to see how one from the factory was mounted.

Thanks

Tags
cherokee wolfpack