Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2021, 10:58 AM   #1

RJ18BBL - Shower not working

Anyone have experience with the Wolf Pup 4-way shower valves on the 2021 model?

The shower system has 2 square valves - the lower valve manages (I think) the hot and cold mixture, the upper valve manages where the water is directed. Since there are 3 possible outlets for water (the overhead, the wand, and out of the side panel jets) I assume the 4th position is the off position.

The valve feels less like a valve and more like a "switch" that activates relays that directs where the water is to go.

My questions:

1) Which way would the valve have to be to be the OFF position

2) If the valve is electrical, why is it not working at all? (I checked all fuses and breakers)

3) Since I just stopped a water leak where the water was pooling in the underneath insulation, is it possible that the relays (if there are any) could have been damaged as part of the leak?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Steve
wanderer925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 12:29 AM   #2

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...olf-pup/browse

This is the link that appears to show all the manuals for a 2020. Did not see a 2021 link. Unfortunately FR manuals are pretty bad as for as info. If your plumbing fixtures are like mine, they are very cheap and flimsy even when new. I learned all the positions through trial and error.

I plan to just bite the bullet and upgrade all fixtures in mine except the kitchen ones. They are actually good quality compared to the others.
krazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:28 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I'm sure you will get the info you are looking for.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:06 PM   #4

Manuals

Yeah, these manuals are surprisingly content-free, and of little help.

The folks at Forest River aren't much help either, as I can't even get someone to reply to multiple attempts at contact.Dealer services are scheduled out months in advance, so there's no help there. And my dealer is a couple thousand miles away, in a direction I'm not likely to travel for awhile.

We live on the road (my dog and me), and most campgrounds have shower facilities (but not all!), so it's not a crisis. I'm disappointed with the lack of support from Forest River, because what if this were a serious, non-op issue?
I'll be parking the rig in a few weeks, and will schedule service and warranty repair on this and a couple other things in the spring when we get back on the road.

Am I disappointed in my purchase? No..... not really. But I'll be a big negative-nancy come spring if I can't get this resolved under warranty.

I welcome any advice from anyone on how to approach this problem.

Thanks!

Steve
Old 10-10-2021, 06:59 PM   #5

Steve, it would be naive of us to not realize that our toy haulers are a little lower on the quality scale of some but most FR's are at least decent enough depending on why we bought them. When we bought our new 27RR we knew it was not the Mercedes of TH's but we ony bought it to haul our Harley to rallys, not to live in. We have made many improvements to it and it suffices for our purpose. It will never be a luxury pad on wheels but its great for towing the bike around. Due to FR's pathetic manuals, we learned by reading RV forums and trial and error.

Our dealer is over 1000 miles away and would have been pointless to even bother with warranty issues.

I hate to ask such dumb questions but have you tried your shower while hooked to City water, tank water with pump on, etc?
krazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:47 PM   #6

Thanks Krazyk.

I think that's what's going to have to happen for me - trial and error and just fix the darn thing myself.

It's funny, I never expected luxury with the toy hauler, and when I saw this fancy 4 jet shower (that I;ve only seen work once, at the dealer) I thought it was a bit much. I would have much preferred a shower solution that was too simple to break.

I bought the toy hauler because I liked the room and the "back porch" for my dog. He's older, and when he's tired of traveling with me, then I can move my motorcycle in here.

In answer to your questions, yes, I've tried the shower in all possible configurations, looked under all the panels I could find to remove, etc. The thing that bugs me is I had the major leak early on, and I;m trying to determine whether the leak caused a short on the valve/relays (if in fact that's how it works).

Tags
show, shower