Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 06:18 AM   #1

Screen wall for 26RR toy hauler

Looking to see if anyone has installed a screen wall on their toy hauler and information about it. Looking for where you bought from, model numbers, pros, cons, installation stories, do you use it? I know some come from FR installed so wondering if anyone has bought from them too as an aftermarket add on? Have s great weekend and happy camping!

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #2

Chip. I have a new 2015 Vengeance 394v13 that came with the screen wall. It it the type that rolls down and velcros to the side walls and has a zipper in the middle. It is a weather wall as well. Keeps heat in or cool in depending on season.

I am removing it this weekend as I have ordered the "patio door" system from Forest River. If you have any interest, shoot me a note and I can send you some pictures of it.
My previous toy hauler, I had the pull down screen and was only for bugs. Those are typically $350 range. The canvas (weather) type are in the $500 to $800 range to have made.
gregamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #3
RiderBloke

Chip,

Here 'tis

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1440190516.365187.jpg
Views:	1102
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	86473

Sent from my iPhone somewhere on the face of the earth using Forest River Forums
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #4

Screen Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderBloke View Post
Chip,

Here 'tis

Attachment 86473

Sent from my iPhone somewhere on the face of the earth using Forest River Forums
Thanks, RiderBloke. Did your 26rr come with it or was it an aftermarket purchase? If you purchased afterwards, who was the manufacturer and where did it come from. If from FR, does is have a tag with the manufacturer?

I am guessing that you like yours? Is that correct?

Beers to ya'

Old 08-21-2015, 04:49 PM   #5
RiderBloke

Mine came as part of the Limited edition upgrade.
I ordered mine with all the upgrades except the glass shower surround.
The screen has a tag that says: "Top Stitch, Inc" and the address: 921 Summa Drive, Elkhart IN 46516
Dated 2-24-15
73 x 76
Hope that helps.

Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 08-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #6

Planning on trading up from a 19RR to a 26RR. Hauling a basic golf cart which is 4'X8'. It fits in the 19RR. Will it fit in the 26RR?
kgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:13 PM   #7
RiderBloke

Kgbarne,
It should. Width is no problem but the front wheels would have to go between the RH wheel arch and the kitchen sink. The length from rear door to wheel arch is about 85 inches. The wheel arch is the same size as the 19RR and the cabinets will be the same depth as the 19RR. [The seats are 68 inches long (& 31 wide); the gap from seat to the rear door is 6 inches; and the gap between seat and wheel arch is about 10 or 12 inches.]
The tie down rings are 12 inches rearward from the cabinets and the wheel arch, with the rear set just under the edge of the seat. There is another set near the fridge and the front of the wheel arch. Not ideal I find so you may wish to look into adding some floor points as I am.
I love my 26RR but am just now working out how to safely transport my BMW F800GT in it.
Good luck.

Sent from somewhere on the face of the earth with my iPad using Forest River Forums
Toyota Tundra towing 2016 Grey Wolf 26RR
24 nights camping & 1450 miles so far (August 17)
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 08-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #8

Cart goes between the wheel arch and the cabinet now, so that should be OK then. Thanks for taking the time to measure. Hopefully we'll have it next week.
kgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:55 AM   #9

I'll know more on Monday but in talking with my dealer the cost of the screen wall original equipment from FR is approximately $300 with shipping. That seems high but it is substantially built compared to others so that counts for something. I think the flexibility it gives us since most of our camping is spring and fall justifies the cost. Am I blowing smoke up my own skirt thinking like this?

Old 08-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #10
RiderBloke

We all buy extra stuff and it seems to me that anything substantial costs $250-300. EG: power protector, carpets, screens, extra hoses and electric leads, etc, etc. when I add up what I have spent over and above the buying price I am amazed (read: very worried) at the amount.
If it's what will make your use of the trailer better then it's OK. Some of the after market screens cost a lot more.

Sent from somewhere on the face of the earth with my iPad using Forest River Forums
Toyota Tundra towing 2016 Grey Wolf 26RR
24 nights camping & 1450 miles so far (August 17)
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 09-07-2015, 08:09 PM   #11

Rider Bloke I have a favor to ask? Could you give details as to how the screen wall is attached above the door? I bought one from FR but there are no instructions. I don't mind figuring it out on my own but some direction would be helpful. If you could attach a picture that would be beyond great. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #12

Not finished but I am for the night. Got 85% of my screen wall installed tonight. All I need to do is add the velcro around the outside edges. I think it turned out pretty well.

Thanks for everyone's help with this. Rider Bloke, especially you.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:09 PM   #13
RiderBloke

Screen wall for 26RR toy hauler

Glad to be able to help. That's what forums are for. I have "stolen" plenty of ideas from others on various forums.
A tech at my dealer told me to put Velcro across the bottom as well as his friend had bugs, etc crawling in under the screen. I put industrial Velcro across the opening on the vertical surface of the bottom edge plate as there is plenty of room when the ramp door is closed to have the screen velcroed there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Habitat Care-a-Vanner

Tags
toy hauler