Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2021, 08:15 PM   #21

And the OP was never heard from again.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 11:02 PM   #22

Another thing to consider when having a gasoline powered toy in a garage not seperated from living space is you can get fuel smells, etc. Being able to close a garage door and having two seperate trailer entry doors is a big plus and worth the extra money. At least it was to us. I also looked at the 26RR first but went with the 27RR.

Think of it this way. Would you enjoy having your bike, etc. in your living room, kitchen, or bedroom at home?
krazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyk View Post
Another thing to consider when having a gasoline powered toy in a garage not seperated from living space is you can get fuel smells, etc. Being able to close a garage door and having two seperate trailer entry doors is a big plus and worth the extra money. At least it was to us. I also looked at the 26RR first but went with the 27RR.

Think of it this way. Would you enjoy having your bike, etc. in your living room, kitchen, or bedroom at home?

Funny, I know a few people who don't have a problem with that, me personally, no way!
latner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:54 PM   #24

Quote:

Who says you cant put a bike in your living room?

So far I have not had any fuel fumes in the camper with or without a dedicated garage. However my new one we had a bike tip and poured 1.5gal of fuel in the dedicated garage. The smell filled the whole camper. A dedicated garage may not actually mitigate the fuel smell when a serious amount of fuel is spilled. Fuel just sitting in bikes you wont ever smell it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_175618.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	410.3 KB
ID:	263230  
asr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:44 PM   #25

I use two motorcycle wheel chocks for the right and left wheels. Put a raised mount on each side of the front wheel. Mounted tie downs with bolts through the floor of the trailer, one on each side in front of and to the side of and behind and to the side of each wheel. Pretty secure.
bbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:54 PM   #26

Using the 26RR garage

I have a 2016 26RR and I easily fit my RZR 900 Trail in inside.
Granted it takes up a bit of space and the right front wheel rests against the table floor mount up front.
I still have access to the stove, refrigerator but not the sink or drawers.
I always try and remember to turn on the water pump before loading as it is a little difficult reach after loading.
Trying it down is a breeze unlike a motorcycle it’s simply 4 straps pulling against each other.
Have many safe and adventurous trips.
rustyraven49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:09 PM   #27

Here's a tip. For my Road King, I put together a stack of boards that will just slide under the frame. Either 2x6s or 2x8s - whatever fits, with a larger 1x10 or so on the bottom to spread the load on the floor. I used padding on top to protect the frame.

I have a Condor chock. I use soft ties on the front frame at the crash bars and on the crash bars in the back. Then you can cinch the tie-downs on the front as tight as you want without worrying about over-compressing the forks and the bike will absolutely not move. I just tighten the back down enough to keep the rear end from moving around.

Have hauled the bike this way to Alaska and back and all over the lower 48. It's always right where I put it when I stop.
gregdan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:39 PM   #28

I see no problem with your trike fitting in the 26rr.
I have a 2015 and haul two Honda 700 ctx in it.
You should have no problems strapping it down with rachet straps and the d-rings. The ramp will be an issue because of the steep angle. I some times look for a grade at the campsite to reduce it and unload.
The only draw back is for one night stays where it does take up space, but we still can get to the sink, fridge just have to step over a couple of straps.
That's where the 27rr has the advantage.
PS: Get ride of the table it's heavy and a pain buy a plastic folder and put the couch cushions in the shower, they'll stand up straight in it.
Enjoy your new 26rr ours has worked out great.
keithinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #29

Just my take on reducing the ramp angle;
1- find a "hump" that you can park your pullers rear wheels on while loading or a dip where the trailer's wheels will sit while loading.
2- increase the size of the "door bumpers", the rubber bumpers at the top of the door/ramp that hit the ground to protect your door from scratches, from the usually 3" to 6 or 8" & then add another ramp, usually 3/4" plywood that will fold down from your door to the ground. Fasten it to your ramp with a good piano hinge & fold it up after loading.
A lot of toy haulers have something similar. I've even looked at a few where the last 3' of the floor is sloped down thus giving you a much longer door/ramp & a gentle load angle.
Many ways to skin a cat!
koko 3052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:25 AM   #30

I use a CONDOR wheel chock in my toy hauler to secure my Harley Davidson Ultra Classic. Works perfectly and allows one person to load the bike, get off and secure tie straps to the forks and rear of the bike down to the built in 'D' rings in the floor.

The CONDOR secures in place with a simple thumb screw so can be easily removed from the mounted floor plate. The CONDOR is then used in the garage so the bike will stand full upright w/o using the kick stand - great for service on the bike. The bike is secure in the CONDOR chock without any tie straps.

Here is the set-up I use: https://www.amazon.com/CONDOR-Motorc...2493419&sr=8-6

Check out their web site here: https://www.condor-lift.com/shop/

Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:44 AM   #31

Quote:
latner, in the video he has on the bottom part before he loads. Even left it on while he unloads. It looks like it would be hard to install on bike while your in trailer.
I use the same method for mine. My last bike was a fatboy lo, I could not make it up the ramp with the bar attached. Wasn't that big a deal to put it on after it was in the trailer. My new bike is a street glide that sits up a little higher, have no trouble loading it with the bar attached.
Old 10-02-2021, 11:39 AM   #32

You would think that FR would realize the ramp angles are way too steep for most bikes. OP, what did you do to make room for the trike? Are you prepared to deal with the smells and trouble of a garage/litchen rather than a seperated garage with a door? What did the Michigan dealer say about letting you trade up?
Old 11-28-2021, 11:00 PM   #33

I finally got the camper delivered today. And yes the ramp angle is too steep but will increase the bumper size as was mentioned before or use automotive ramps to decrease angle. My original question was how to tie/strap it down once loaded. Garage is plenty big enough and I do not need a bigger hauler, I think the 26rr is perfect, a slide would be nice but they sometimes malfunction so I am fine.
kimrpaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrpaige View Post
I finally got the camper delivered today. And yes the ramp angle is too steep but will increase the bumper size as was mentioned before or use automotive ramps to decrease angle. My original question was how to tie/strap it down once loaded. Garage is plenty big enough and I do not need a bigger hauler, I think the 26rr is perfect, a slide would be nice but they sometimes malfunction so I am fine.

If it were mine, after I got it positioned once & decide that was best I would mark the floor in front of & behind the rear wheels then install some good "D-rings" there with a short ratchet strap around each rear wheel.
Not too much to "trip over" when the bike is out that way!
Old 11-29-2021, 09:48 AM   #35

Good idea, thanks. I have a Kendon "Stand Up" 2 place trailer that I converted to the trike by mounting E-Track under where the rear wheels go, then use rachet straps over the wheels and it works great, just didn't or don't want to mount E-track to the floor.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:21 AM   #36

Are there no D-rings mounted to the floor? My toyhauler came with several spaced out throughout the entire cargo area all the way to the front and that's what I use for my trike. Each rear wheel gets a ratchet strap through the wheel and tightened down to the side. Then 2 ratchet straps are slipped over the bottom part of the triple tree, one on each side and then tightened down to slightly compress the forks. This holds my trike very securely. The rear wheel ratchet straps apply pressure to the rear and the fork ratchet straps apply pressure to the front. With each set applying pressure in different directions it isn't going anywhere.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyk101 View Post
Are there no D-rings mounted to the floor? My toyhauler came with several spaced out throughout the entire cargo area all the way to the front and that's what I use for my trike. Each rear wheel gets a ratchet strap through the wheel and tightened down to the side. Then 2 ratchet straps are slipped over the bottom part of the triple tree, one on each side and then tightened down to slightly compress the forks. This holds my trike very securely. The rear wheel ratchet straps apply pressure to the rear and the fork ratchet straps apply pressure to the front. With each set applying pressure in different directions it isn't going anywhere.
Yes there are tie downs, I have not loaded the trike yet to see how to tie it down. I have the 26rr parked at a friends house as I live in a place that I can’t keep it at home. Also do not have a truck to pull it, LOL. Have a F-350 on order. Probably will not use camper till Sebring in March, hopefully truck will arrive in January. Should not be a problem tying it down, just wondering how others do it, thanks
Old 12-10-2021, 08:36 PM   #38

Quote:
use automotive ramps to decrease angle.
Dont do this! The ramp is not designed to work this way. I must admit its not common to see someone buy the RV before thay have a tow vehicle. How did your model get delivered without or not enough D-rings? If its a 2019, perhaps it is used and was modified by the PO.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:55 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrpaige View Post
Yes there are tie downs, I have not loaded the trike yet to see how to tie it down. I have the 26rr parked at a friends house as I live in a place that I can’t keep it at home. Also do not have a truck to pull it, LOL. Have a F-350 on order. Probably will not use camper till Sebring in March, hopefully truck will arrive in January. Should not be a problem tying it down, just wondering how others do it, thanks

As a side note, when installing extra D rings, try to get them positioned either over or very near a frame cross member. If that is not possible then make sure that you have a backing plate of sufficient strength( ie,2"x1"x1/4" angle iron) to span across to the next crossmember. Just saying not to bolt your D rings just thru the flooring material only.
Also make sure that you pre-paint those pieces & use good sealant during the install. You don't want water creeping up inside & causing rot.
Good luck on your adventures!
Old 12-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #40

Quote:
Dont do this! The ramp is not designed to work this way. I must admit its not common to see someone buy the RV before thay have a tow vehicle. How did your model get delivered without or not enough D-rings? If its a 2019, perhaps it is used and was modified by the PO.
I bought the 26RR from a used car dealer in Michigan, that my good friend found for me. I got it at a good deal, it's a 2019 and in like new condition barely used at all. It has all the normal tiedowns and I probably will not add any more. I know it is not common for someone to buy the trailer before the truck. This is not a common year to buy a used tow vehicle, so that is why I ordered a new truck last month. I will not use the toy hauler prior to March, and hopefully by then the new truck will be in, if not my friend that brought down the 26RR is returning in March so we can go to Sebring 12 hr race, and he can tow it again, but I would hope my new truck will be here by then. As for as decreasing the angle, I will use jack stands and aluminum ramp to load the trike. BTW the 26RR is plenty large enough for the trike. It is the perfect size toy hauler for my wife and my needs. And I am buying a bigger truck than I need in case I want/need to get a bigger one or even a 5th wheel.