Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #1

Stereo Replacement - Advice Needed

Well...the Touch Audio system installed in our 19RR is biting the dust a little bit at a time. To call it an audio system is a big stretch, especially given it NEVER held the pre-sets and now is starting to flip between speakers, channels, etc. Throw in the NOAA Alert that comes on arbitrarily.
SO - That said - we're movin on up...
What's everyone's experience with replacements. Jensen has some nice stuff out there but I've heard good and bad about all of them.
My question: Who's replaced the Touch Audio System and what did you replace it with.
How do you like it and does your new system make you the hit or the scourge of the campground?

Thanks in Advance

Sportster
...gimme some tunes - yeah yeah yeah
hd87sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #2

We replaced our touch audio with another one under warranty....twice. Then sold the trailer. I think the Jensens are good units. Just look at best buy, or crutchfield.com and see what large din DVD units are available. I have a concertone in my Sabre and really like it so far.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #3

I don't like mine much either and it did all the same things you described. I want to trade in too. If you disconnect the battery and unplug from shore for a bit it resolves it (or it did for me). Maybe that will help you short term.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #4

I had mine replace under warranty. I've seen some different ones on eBay
scott cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #5

Has anyone replaced the outside speakers on a 21RR? What size are they? Is it an easy do it yourself replacement?
drisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #6
Forest River Accessories

Just be careful when shopping crutchfield and best buy if you are looking for a same size unit. There is a big difference size wise between an in-wall RV stereo (what Jensen makes) and a double din headunit you'd find online at Crutchfield and Best Buy. If you have the skills to fabricate a mount or patch the hole in your wall/cabinet, then you are good to go either way. You can view and purchase all of the Jensen products from our store at costore.com/forestriver
FRAcessories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #7

Sooooooo...pulled the trailer out of the cave and hauled it down to the Lake and just for kicks, clicked on the old (Touch Audio) stereo. APPARENTLY, having the trailer go totally dry on power resets the whole dang show. Worked fine, displayed the station properly and worked fine. Really. So we'll watch it this season to see how badly it degrades. If it keeps degrading, we'll replace it. If not, we'll at least upgrade the speakers inside and out. Whaddaya know about that.

Sportster
...what a revoltin development this is
hd87sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #8

Music in unit

Would like to have music in the unit. Any wiring suggestions?? It doesn't seem right to have to have the cab stereo on for music. Even my pop-up had a stereo CD player in the unit! Right now, I've got my Zune in a speaker dock placed in the shelf above the door, but would like to wire something into the unit speakers. Help please!

Another issue - I recently looked at some friend's Winnebagos and noticed that they had much more substantial entry doors. Does anyone know where these can be purchased?
RSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd87sportster View Post
Sooooooo...pulled the trailer out of the cave and hauled it down to the Lake and just for kicks, clicked on the old (Touch Audio) stereo. APPARENTLY, having the trailer go totally dry on power resets the whole dang show. Worked fine, displayed the station properly and worked fine. Really. So we'll watch it this season to see how badly it degrades. If it keeps degrading, we'll replace it. If not, we'll at least upgrade the speakers inside and out. Whaddaya know about that.

Sportster
...what a revoltin development this is
Told ya!

Install a battery cut off switch on your trailer (if not already) and anytime it happens again unplug from shore and disconnect the battery for a minute.

Tags
replacement