Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2015, 03:08 PM   #1
RiderBloke

The 'RR' Table

Folks, I thought it may be good to have a topic thread just on the table that comes with the Grey Wolf RR machines. We all seem to struggle with it. We have all worked out some ways to deal with it from 'it's OK' to 'pitch it'. But it would help everyone if we had a topic thread where any ideas and specially any designs for a replacement or redesigns of the table could be shared and therefore found easily. I have been drawing on scraps of paper some ideas but I'm no carpenter.
Have any come up with any strokes of genius or otherwise?
Personally if I can work out how to do it I would like to put in a sort of complaint to Forest River about the latch on the table as it is incomprehensible to me how anyone expected that to hold such a heavy table. I don't think mine is broken, just poorly done. I velcroed a piece of wood to the leg to prevent it from collapsing on the two nights I used the table.
I have used Pinterest to try to find some ideas but nothing great so far.
Anyway if you think this is a good idea join the discussion and let's see what happens.

Sent from somewhere on the face of the earth with my iPad using Forest River Forums
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

For those of us not familiar with the RR, if you would post some pictures of just what you are talking about, we might come up with some ideas.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
RiderBloke

With the table on its side: Down position Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434917938.345653.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	324.8 KB
ID:	80634
Up position Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434917957.178775.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	309.8 KB
ID:	80635
The latch. Note that the leg folds towards the camera allowing the latch to slip off the small catch point thus allowing the table to collapse. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434918037.081441.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	80636
My temporary safety fix Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434918116.642394.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	80637
The table is 60 x 31 and becomes the base. Of the King sized bed when down between the two long benches.
Thanks OldCoot for the prompt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #4

We never used the tables that came with our 21RR, not even once! Ours weigh 57 pounds EACH! We put them up in the garage rafters to sell with the camper when the time comes. We replaced both of them with ONE table from Menards that is plastic topped with metal legs that fold underneath (size is 24 x 48). It's lightweight, sturdy and when we travel we lay it face down on the bed where it stays put and NEVER moves at all. Love this table and find we really only need one table as we are outside at the picnic table most of the time.
dstrauss2 is offline   Reply With Quote