Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #21

I copied you NJ-Bill. (Thanks!!)

Only difference is my chock came with the crossbar attached and I just drilled strategically through it for lining up with the D-rings. (rectangular tubing, rather than angle)

It has worked PERFECT for me.
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
I copied you NJ-Bill. (Thanks!!)

Only difference is my chock came with the crossbar attached and I just drilled strategically through it for lining up with the D-rings. (rectangular tubing, rather than angle)

It has worked PERFECT for me.
How is the Wolf Pup working out for you? Mine has been great.
NJ-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:56 PM   #23

Woke up this morning at 8000', about 50F.
Brewed a double shot of espresso and let down the hatch to let the outdoors in. Another GLORIOUS day.

I notice my Missouri temporary tag expired a week ago. I've camped in Missouri, Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, and for the last 3 weeks, Colorado.

I never went home. I haven't even made it back to my state! (Texas)

And then it dawned on me. I probably have an RV payment due. But I don't know who to pay?

Got the dealer paperwork outta the truck and at least it named the bank that was the lender. Found them on the internet, but when I attempted to register as a customer it required that I know my loan number. I assume that is back in Texas in a huge stack of mail.

Called the phone number on the website. Took 15 minutes before a human got on the phone. Nice lady asked how she could help.

I told her "Well ma'am, about 5 or 6 weeks ago you bought me an RV and I'm pretty sure I owe you a $hundred bucks by now. But I can't pay ya because I've been camping in it since the day ya let me have it. I never even made it home. So I don't know my account or loan number.

She laughed and said "That must be some RV if you can camp that long"

I said all that to answer your question NJ-Bill.

I might be the poster child for the little Wolf Pup. It fits me THAT perfectly.
I realize a Tiny Toy Hauler isn't the solution for everyone. But I'm exactly the target for one. Much more than I imagined.

Sure, there are some mods that I envision, but I can't do them unless I stop camping.

snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:51 PM   #24

Has anyone else used the pitbull trs system in a 17RP? Pics? I want to put 2 street bikes in mine. 375lbs each. My concerns are drilling through the floor and the weight behind the axle. I saw the setup with 2 bike on the first page. That's pretty much what I want to do. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

John
713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:05 AM   #25

Tying down Toys in the 17RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 713 View Post
Has anyone else used the pitbull trs system in a 17RP? Pics? I want to put 2 street bikes in mine. 375lbs each. My concerns are drilling through the floor and the weight behind the axle. I saw the setup with 2 bike on the first page. That's pretty much what I want to do. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

John

John I recently purchased the bolt it on system and it’s as solid as they come. I use the two back d rings (by the ramp door) and mine can fit three full size dirt bikes with the middle extended chock. Super easy install too, takes probably 1 minute and no drilling. I was also concerned about the weight being behind the axle but that’s not really an issue. The reason is the rear tires of your bikes will actually be sitting right near the rear axle. Also the bolt it on rack is so solid when the bikes are tied
down that there’s no movement at all. You could order two extended wheel chocks and move shift the load a foot closer to the axle as well. My 17rp is amazing. Love it.

I ordered a 78” complete kit and an additional 52” bar that I can use on the other two d rings by the fridge. I just have to use one chock and leg supports and j hooks. This is in case I decide to just take one bike with me somewhere. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2317.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	153133Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2326.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	378.3 KB
ID:	153134
deepseadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #26

Thanks for the response and pics. I like that setup. Do you worry that the D rings might pull out of the floor? Everything seems to be dependent on those D rings.

What I like about the pitbull setup is that it's strapless, plus I already have the pitbull setup in my enclosed trailer. All I would have to buy is 2 base plate kits. What I don't like about the pitbull is drilling thru the floor and the base is not removable so I will have to put a rug over it while camping.

Thanks again,
John
Old 10-02-2017, 11:21 AM   #27

Tying down Toys in the 17RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 713 View Post
Thanks for the response and pics. I like that setup. Do you worry that the D rings might pull out of the floor? Everything seems to be dependent on those D rings.

What I like about the pitbull setup is that it's strapless, plus I already have the pitbull setup in my enclosed trailer. All I would have to buy is 2 base plate kits. What I don't like about the pitbull is drilling thru the floor and the base is not removable so I will have to put a rug over it while camping.

Thanks again,

John

I was worried about the d rings until I got the system and realized how it works. The j hooks pull straight up on the d rings but the knobs are only hand tight. Hand tight is way more than enough to literally “weld” the bar supports to the floor. The d rings also say 2500lbs on them. Beyond that, the system and bikes hold themselves in place. When you run the front tire into the wheel chock and pull or tie the bike to the rack it locks the tire to the rack and acts as a front brake keeping the rack and bike from moving. This front brake “on” effect keeps the load from shifting and takes the weight of the motorcycle or motorcycles off the rack and essentially they keep themselves in place. If you think about it you’re pulling the bikes slightly downward and putting even more floor pressure on the front tire which is locked in position. The only issue I could see would be if you use tie downs that loosen up, but I use ratchet ones. This bolt it on system should be standard or an option for all toy haulers. It’s so simple to install or remove. Once you initially get everything where you want it, the system takes no time at all to install or remove. Just turn two knobs.
deepseadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #28

2 Bikes in a 17RP:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...pup-99186.html
racenviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #29

I ended up going with the strapless Pit-bull TRS system since I already had everything except 2 extra baseplates. $34 each. I went with the longer 3 inch bolts but should have used the 2 inch bolts. The 3 inch bolts slightly stick out past the underbelly lining. Everything worked out well on the first trip with that setup. Even though it was only from Tampa to Daytona. Thanks for all the prior info. John
Old 10-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #30

Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0113.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	155158   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0112.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	334.8 KB